hyperlink

Jack

at the moment, when i try to click on a hyperlink in the text of an email,
it doesn't function i.e. it doesn't take me to the website which it refers
to.
is there anything i can do about this?
jack.

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run
2. Type the following commands in the Run dialog box, and click OK (or hit ENTER)
after each command (noting the space between the 2 and the next letter):
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 msjava.dll (NB Java may not be installed on your computer and you may
receive an error)

Additional information if required:-

OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a
Link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679

Some links in Outlook Express messages may not work on Win2000 or on WinXP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841793

Gene K

This will fix that problem about 90% of the time: Start/Run/type "regsvr32
urlmon.dll" [less the quote markers] and click "OK". After that succeeds,
open Internet Explorer; Tools/Internet Options/Programs Tab/click the "Reset
Web Settings" button.
Gene K

Jack

Dear Gene K,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
It worked perfectly.
I'm grateful for your assistance.
Incidentally, what does "regsvr 32 urlmon.dll" mean?
I presume that the web settings were somehow changed. Perhaps when
someone put in a different default web browser? Could that have done it?
Jack.