hp probook 4520s bios error 501

Reaction score
hi i have bought this hp probook came with original window 7 home premium. my bios is notupdating .and quik hp browswer with f6 key is not working and showing bios application error 501

Reaction score
Why are you trying to update your BIOS?

Was there a problem with it when you bought the Laptop?

Reaction score
Why are you trying to update your BIOS?

Was there a problem with it when you bought the Laptop?

reply . i dont want to update bios . its a automatic bios update of my system from hp. when i press f11 key it fails to take me to hp recovery page , or when i press f6 key while system is off to get quik hp browser it said bios application missing or corrupted with error 501. thats why i thought probably after doing bios update it might work better. f11 key is hp recovry key while starting up but thats not working either.

Reaction score
Hmmm have you tried do a BIOS update manually?

Turn it off via the preferences if you still can?

Download it all from their site and save to a floppy of USB drive and try that way?

Reaction score
Hello.
I'v bought a new Hp Probook 4520s few days back and I am having the same problem from the very first day of use.
I HAVE NOT MADE ANY CHANGES TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. I MEAN I HAVE NOT DONE ANY EXPERIMENT TO UPDATE THE BIOS OR ANY OTHER THING. HAVE TRIED A MANY TIMES TO RE-INSTALL HP QUICKWEB DOWNLOADED FROM HP WEBSITE BUT NOTHING HELPED ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
I have searched a lot to fix this but everything goes in vain. Got tired f trying over and over. Please help me. :(
thanking in anticipation.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I would turn off the automatic update of the BIOS. As Dread indicated, usually the BIOS does not require an update unless you are experiencing a specific issue related to the update fix.

Reaction score
Hmmm have you tried do a BIOS update manually?

Turn it off via the preferences if you still can?

Download it all from their site and save to a floppy of USB drive and try that way?

Hello
I have a laptop Hp pro book 4520s
The other system will not start after updating its bois
What should I do
Please send your answer to the e-mail

Ask a Question