    far to the right, which means there is a bigger left margin and a smaller
    right margin. I want the margins to be exactly the same.

    Is there a way to correct this?

    Wouter, Jun 28, 2005

  2. GP

    GP Guest

    Wouter wrote:
    > My HP Laserjet 1012 isn't measuring it's printing positions very precisely.
    > The entire page is printed about 2 mm too high.

    I confirm the problem with the letter format. I didn't measure, but your
    figure seems exact. Which means the top margin is about 2 mm too narrow...
    and the bottom margin 2 mm too wide. So it's a 4 mm difference(1), and it

    (1) An inch being about 25mm, this is almost a sixth of an inch difference.

    > Is there a way to correct this?

    Yes, a driver that works! But man, this is a cheap printer. Can you expect
    it to have a driver that works? It prints on the sheet of paper, shouldn't
    you be satisfied? I, for one, have pretty much given up trying to find
    solutions to how HP ****s up its printers.

    But, if you can configure Word to not set any margin by default and you
    define two printers, say hp_p and hp_l, respectively for portrait and
    landscape, and define ajusted default margins for each printer, it /might/

    But I'm not sure it's possible to ask Word to ignore margin settings. At
    first glance, it doesn't seem possible with OpenOffice 1.1. But, who
    knows, maybe HP has a deal with Microsoft on this matter... Maybe the
    latest version of Word could do it...

    Have fun with your HP printer! Who knows, Mr Headrick might have a whole
    /try this and try that/ routine to add to mine.

    GP, Jun 28, 2005