HP All-In-One Printer

Jst2swt

I am running Windows Home Premium 32 bit. I recently purchased an
all-in-one printer. I am able to print but am unable to scan. I've spent
several hours on the phone with HP, but they say that it is a problem with
the windows image aquisition. I called Toshiba (the make of my laptop), but
they say that even though windows came pre-installed, they can't help me.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA for your help
Donna

Paul Riemerman

Maybe someone has the same all-in-one and can offer some advice if you let
us know which one. For example, my officejet Pro L7580 all in one works fine
with Vista.

Paul Riemerman

David Webb

It sounds like someone at HP is giving you bad advice.

Most all-in-one printers do not even require a computer attached to it in order
to fax, print, scan, or copy. Note that when copying, only the printer's scan
and print functions are being utilized.

IMO, there is no correlation between the printer's scanner function and Windows
OS since the printer can only scan an item that is placed on the glass flatbed.

If I have misinterpreted your question, please post back with more details about
the problem.

Jst2swt

I have an HP C4280 all-in-one. When I put something on the scanner, I am
unable to run the scanner from my computer. The HP tech guy said I should
technically be able to run the scanner from Windows Photo Gallery. Right
now, I can't get it to scan to my laptop.

forty-nine

Jst2swt said:
I am running Windows Home Premium 32 bit. I recently purchased an
all-in-one printer. I am able to print but am unable to scan. I've spent
several hours on the phone with HP, but they say that it is a problem with
the windows image aquisition. I called Toshiba (the make of my laptop),
but they say that even though windows came pre-installed, they can't help
me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA for your help
Donna

Do you have vista drivers installed ?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3192753&lang=en

these are dated 10-07

Jst2swt

I've already downloaded the vista software from HP which included the
drivers (154mb). I'm somewhat computer literate, but can't figure out the
problem. I even got all the way to a senior technician from HP but we still
can't figure it out. I don't know if he was just out of answers or what (I
spent over four hours in two days with HP tech support), but all he could
tell me at the end was that it sounded like a "core windows vista" problem
with the "windows image acquisition" (whatever that means!!). I have
attached the scanner to another computer of mine that's running XP and there
was no problem. My husband is wanting to install XP on this laptop, but I'm
trying to avoid that.

H_E_L_P!!!!!!!

forty-nine

Jst2swt said:
I've already downloaded the vista software from HP which included the
drivers (154mb). I'm somewhat computer literate, but can't figure out the
problem. I even got all the way to a senior technician from HP but we
still can't figure it out. I don't know if he was just out of answers or
what (I spent over four hours in two days with HP tech support), but all
he could tell me at the end was that it sounded like a "core windows
vista" problem with the "windows image acquisition" (whatever that
means!!). I have attached the scanner to another computer of mine that's
running XP and there was no problem. My husband is wanting to install XP
on this laptop, but I'm trying to avoid that.

H_E_L_P!!!!!!!

You could check to make sure the Windows Image Acquisition service is
running...or try restarting the service.

its in control panel_ administrative tools.

or click start orb...type admin

Jst2swt

forty-nine said:
You could check to make sure the Windows Image Acquisition service is
running...or try restarting the service.

its in control panel_ administrative tools.

or click start orb...type admin
I tried restarting the service but no luck.... but thanks for your help.
I'm sure I can get this figured out. Maybe someone out there has had the
same problem.

David Webb

I understand now. Are you using a wireless connection to access this printer? I
found a warning on one website stating, "Note: Some wireless networks may not
support this printer's scanning function." If so, try connecting direct. If
scanning is then successful, go back to HP support with this new data.

Jst2swt

I've tried connecting the all-in-one directly to my laptop, but it still
doesn't work. Can print, but when I try to scan, the scanner says there is
no bus connection.

David Webb

Sounds like you have some ammo for HP support.

Before trying them again, I'd suggest uninstalling the printer software and
drivers and then reinstall with the USB connection only. This would reset any
changes that HP support may have had you do to the system. Don't forget to
restart your system after uninstalling and reinstalling. You may have to have
the USB connection disabled after uninstalling to avoid any play-and-play action
by the OS upon restart.

VINO

I have an officejet 5510 and with xp it worked great. Now have vista ultimate
and just basic drivers but when I tried printing a pic or scan the print
page will just freeze and I'd have to shut down manually by holding power
button for 5 seconds or so.I can print from other softwares or browser pages.
is there any way to disable or uninstall photo gallery?

Michael Jennings

I don't know which HP program you need to uninstall in add/remove
programs, but HP chat could probably tell you. Here's your printer:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...3&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=311255&lang=enOn the left, just above "Learn more," there's a "Contact HP" link."Chat with an online technician" is under "Interact online with HP"on the "Contact HP - HP Customer Care" page your click gets.I've had good luck with HP chat, so I recommend that you use it."VINO" <[email protected]> wrote in messagehave an officejet 5510 and with xp it worked great. Now have vista ultimate> and just basic drivers but when I tried printing a pic or scan the print> page will just freeze and I'd have to shut down manually by holding power> button for 5 seconds or so.I can print from other softwares or browser pages.> is there any way to disable or uninstall photo gallery?>> --> VINO>>