how to run an exe from asp.net

Hi all,

I treid using WScript, and System.Diagnostics.Process to run an exe from but
neither worked with process.start I was getting an access denied exception.
But I running it from my dev machine so I am a lost in regards to access
issues. Any ways any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Scott M.

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start is the way to go, but you will need to set
up the access permissions yourself.

sHi Scott,

Is there a way to set this programatically rather than thru IIS Admin Manager

Michael Nemtsev

Hello MMA,

Just to add to Scott, Process.Start is depricated in IIS 6.0 (isolation model
was changed), you need to turn support of IIS5 in the site properties to
get this ability

M> sHi Scott,
M>
M> Is there a way to set this programatically rather than thru IIS Admin
M> Manager
M>
M> "Scott M." wrote:
M>---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsch