How to prevent Outlook 2003 from crashing every 20 minutes??

Outlook03 Albuquerque user

In the last 1 week, I have not been able to use MS Outlook 2003 (part of MS
Office Professional, not Outlook Express) to reply, or compose any emails,
before the infamous error message comes up, telling me MS Word (2003) has to
shut down. I have repeatedly sent the error message to MS, but that is not
helping me cope with this very frustrating problem. I can access both of my
email accounts online through IE v 7, but I want MS Outlook functionality. I
have already installed all the required updates to Win XP, as well as all MS
Office 2003 updates. Please send suggestions of what I can do to fix this.
Thanks!

neo [mvp outlook]

Step #1: Turn off Word as your e-mail editor to see if Outlook stops
crashing. To do this, start Outlook and select Tools > Options > Mail
Format. Options are right at the top of the dialog to turn Word off as the
editor.

If the crashes stop at this point, your next step is to find out what
addins/3rd party applications you have installed that integrate with Word
2003. Disable/uninstall those applications and then you can re-enable Word
2003 as your e-mail editor.

"Outlook03 Albuquerque user" <Outlook03 Albuquerque
news:[email protected]...