How to make an Outlook reply look like a reply?

usenet.jgvons

Currently, when I hit "reply" in Outlook 2003, I get a message that
looks like

This looks like a forward, not like a reply as generated by most other
e-mail applications. That copy of the header takes up a lot of space,
and something that looks like a forward won't get the same attention as
a reply from a number of people.

So I like to know if there is a way to get Outlook 2003 to prepare the
reply like

On jeudi 14 décembre 2006 10:28, xxx wrote:

| ...message body here...

I thought of using a reply template, but according to this message
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...hread/thread/5a3c07b11cdb7d8/e8eac127179e7bdf
one cannot create a reply template that includes the original message
text.

So how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance,
Gert-Jan

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

No, Outlook's reply format is not customizable.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Currently, when I hit "reply" in Outlook 2003, I get a message that
looks like

Brian Tillman

Currently, when I hit "reply" in Outlook 2003, I get a message that
looks like

Outlook can't do this. If you want this format on Plain Text replies,
however, get a copy of Outlook-Quotefix:
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

usenet.jgvons

Brian said:
Outlook can't do this. If you want this format on Plain Text replies,
however, get a copy of Outlook-Quotefix:
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

Thanks for the tip, that indeed does exactly what I was looking for.

By default, it also modifies the messages you forward, but since
pressing CTRL temporarily disables outlook-quotefix, simply hitting
CTRL-forward will forward using the standard Outlook message layout.

Gert-Jan