Windows XP How To Get More Space On Local Disk

Reaction score
hello, i am need more space on my local disk i have two drives one has windows stuff and important stuff. they capacity for that one is 9 gigs on the other one i have all my stuff. the capacity for this drive is 26 gigs so cant i decrease this drives capacity and increase the capacity for the other drive, plz help thank you or plz tell me how to make more disk space. thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, getting another HD is the easiest way - they are very cheap now :) If you can't spend anything, you'll only be able to claim small amounts of drive space by uninstalling apps you no longer need, and by running CCleaner to remove some temp files.

Reaction score
Indeed Hard Disks are cheap now. How you run a disk clean up and compressed old files? This usually clears up quite a bit of space.

Right Click C Drive, Click Properties and Click Disk Clean up.

Reaction score
Hi, do you have 2 physical hard drives, or 1 hard drive that is partitioned into 2? If you have the one hard drive that is partitioned into 2 then you should be able to decrease the size of 1 partition and increase the other using software such as PartitionMagic 8.0 or similar. I've used this a lot with Win 2000 & XP and it's pretty reliable. Hope that helps.

Ask a Question