How to change windows language ?

I have a laptop which a korean windows xp installed on it. Everything on
this laptop is korean. I want to change the language to english. How can I
carry out this job?

Thanks in anticipation,
Bijan

Jim Macklin

You have to buy a full install English XP CD and license.
If you are willing to do a clean install, you can use an OEM
CD from Microsoft (the kind sold for home-builders). You
will have to boot the computer with the CD and format the
had drive. You will need a retail XP full install if you
want to create a dual boot system and keep the Korean system
too.

some support

"Bijan Kianifard" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have a laptop which a korean windows xp installed on it.
Everything on
| this laptop is korean. I want to change the language to
english. How can I
| carry out this job?
|
| Thanks in anticipation,
| Bijan

Will Denny

Hi

You can't change the language. You will have to purchase a full retail
English version XP CD and then you can either install the English version
instead of the Korean one, or dual boot both.

Opinicus

I have a laptop which a korean windows xp installed on it.
Everything on
this laptop is korean. I want to change the language to
english. How can I
carry out this job?

By obtaining an English version of Windows XP and installing
it. WinXP's core language can't be changed.

kenny

unfortunatly you cannot change korean into english.
You will have to get an english version of XP.

So the answer is NO it cannot be done.

The other way around IS possible, turning english XP into other languages
with the use of MUI packages.

These are hard to find and you can find them only if your OEM supplier can
get them for you or you download them from a p2p network like edonkey.

Detlev Dreyer

Bijan Kianifard said:
I have a laptop which a korean windows xp installed on it. Everything
on this laptop is korean. I want to change the language to english.

You can't change the language. Just buy an english WinXP version.
How can I carry out this job?

Install the english version on a fresh formatted drive or on another
partition.

kenny

Please do a search on google on XP MUI and stop giving false information.

In his case he cannot do anything but the lang of XP can change if the
original installation is in English.

Ok kenny,

Would you please tell me where can I find the approach to change the
language to english? I read your second message addressing that I can not
change language from korean to english but still I'm interested to know how
is it possible to change the windows xp language.

Thank you

kenny said:
Please do a search on google on XP MUI and stop giving false information.

In his case he cannot do anything but the lang of XP can change if the
original installation is in English.

kenny

I am reposting here a post I posted a few days ago ( so your answer is to
use emule and search for windows xp MUI):

It can be done in 2 ways.
1) you buy the a version of windows that is in the lang you want and install
that.
2) You find the MUI package for XP in the lang you want and install that.
MUI is multi user interface and can be found only from OEM providers of XP
since there is not a download for it and MS does not sell it.

Since it is hard to obtain you can try looking on the p2p networks for it,
like the edonkey one using a client like emule (www.emule-project.net/).
Have in mind that probably this is not legal since swapping software from
p2p networks may infringe copyrights. I am not sure about MUI since MS does
not sell it.. but you can look it up.
The best and sure way is to ask from an OEM provider close to you to try to
get it for you on cd.

You just install that and from the control panel you select the lang you
want to use. This works ONLY if your original XP is in ENGLISH.

kenny said:
Please do a search on google on XP MUI and stop giving
false information.

Emended to "WinXP's core language can't be changed" unless
it's English".