how do I remove fonts from a presentation

AlessandraC

I have a presentation that uses only Trebuchet MS but when I look in
the properties/content I see others listed:
the first one has MS and some strange characters besides it, then
Arial, Calibri, Frutiger-Roman and Wingdings, in addtion to Trebuchet
MS.
How do I remove them from this presentation and possible future
presentations?
I use PPT 2007 and cannot find a way of to replace these fonts with
Trebuchet.

thank you!

Luc

Allesandra,
Don't know if it will help but you can replace fonts, on the home tab, edit
group, replace button, click on the arrow and choose replace fonts.

Luc

Allesandra,
Be aware though that some fonts maybe related to bullets you applied in
placeholders and such.

AlessandraC

Allesandra,
Don't know if it will help but you can replace fonts, on the home tab, edit
group, replace button, click on the arrow and choose replace fonts.

Even a basic presentation with the default template should use only
Calibri, and I have looked at all the masters and only Calibri is
indicated, but in the advanced properties the fonts listed are both
Calibri and Arial . I have tried replacing Arial with Calibri, but
they are still both listed.
Is there a way to find where in a presentation a certain font is used?

Luc

Allesandra,
The reason as to why Arial is in there could be related to compatability
with earlier versions of PPT.

TAJ Simmons

Allesandra,

Also - one of your bullet points on the master may be using the Arial font

Be sure to check all the 5 levels

cheers
TAJ Simmons
PowerPoint Master

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

AlessandraC

Allesandra,

Also - one of your bullet points on the master may be using the Arial font

Be sure to check all the 5 levels

cheers
TAJ Simmons
PowerPoint Master

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

Thanks to all comments. The replace font did not work.

I finally decided to make a new presentation, build a new slide
master, and copy the content from the old to the new, making sure that
I was not bringing in any of the unwanted fonts by putting on the
toolbar the command for "advanced document properties" (which tells me
which fonts are part of the presentation) and using it after each cut
and paste operation. This way I now have a clean presentation with
only trebuchet and arial. If you wish to reuse someone else's
presentation, make sure you check what fonts are part of it, once they
are in they are impossibile to take out. Mine had a double-byte
caracter set font!

Funny how if I insert a text box, that is arial by default, does
anyone know how to change the default font for text boxes?

AlessandraC

Assuming you've already added a text box and formatted it to taste:

Click on the text.  This gives you the vertical text insertion cursor.

Hover the mouse pointer above the border of the box around the text.
Right-click when it turns into the four-arrowhead cursor.
Choose "Set as Default Text Box" from the popup menu.

Newly inserted text boxes will be formatted the same as the one you've just worked
with.   This is a per-presentation setting.  It won't affect other presentations.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/

thank you!

Joined
Apr 17, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
On Nov 27, 11:45*am, "TAJ Simmons"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Allesandra,
>
> Also - one of your bullet points on the master may be using the Arial font
>
> Be sure to check all the 5 levels
>
> cheers
> TAJ Simmons
> PowerPoint Master
>
> http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
> awesome - powerpoint templates,
> powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

Thanks to all comments. The replace font did not work.

I finally decided to make a new presentation, build a new slide
master, and copy the content from the old to the new, making sure that
I was not bringing in any of the unwanted fonts by putting on the
toolbar the command for "advanced document properties" (which tells me
which fonts are part of the presentation) and using it after each cut
and paste operation. This way I now have a clean presentation with
only trebuchet and arial. If you wish to reuse someone else's
presentation, make sure you check what fonts are part of it, once they
are in they are impossibile to take out. Mine had a double-byte
caracter set font!

Funny how if I insert a text box, that is arial by default, does
anyone know how to change the default font for text boxes?

In addition to the text box default, you should set your Word Normal.dotm and PPT Blank.dotm default files (which governs Copy/Paste functions)