how do I increase the cursor speed in Word 2007?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by haywired, Dec 9, 2008.

  1. haywired

    haywired Guest

    haywired, Dec 9, 2008

  2. This is done from Windows itself, not from Word. In the Control Panel, click
    on Keyboard. Cursor speed is controlled using the Speed tab. For fastest
    response, set Repeat Delay to Short and set Repeat rate to Fast.

    --
    Herb Tyson MS MVP
    Author of the Word 2007 Bible

    "haywired" <> wrote in message

    Herb Tyson [MVP], Dec 9, 2008

  3. haywired

    haywired Guest

    Thanks. I already tried that, but only in Word do I experience a sluggish
    cursor. The other apps are ok.

    haywired, Dec 9, 2008
  4. There is no independent cursor control for Word 2007. If it's sluggish, that
    would be a sign that something else is eating up the CPU. You might look at
    the task manager and see what's gobbling up CPU cycles. In my experience, if
    you don't have at least 4GB of ram, Office 2007 is going to be sluggish.

    Herb Tyson [MVP], Dec 9, 2008
  5. haywired

    gochief Guest

    There's a serious problem with cursor slowdown when Track Changes is turned
    on and the ribbon is up. See the posts on this by searching the knowledge
    base for "Slow".

    gochief, Dec 18, 2008