How do I get WORD back to the original format?

Somehow, I changed the format of the WORD page and I want to get it back to
normal. I am challenged when it comes to working with WORD, but it is
frustrating to have this problem and not be able to figure it out. Please
explain how to get the original format back.

Pat Garard

G'Day Frustrated,

You don't tell us what version of Word.

You don't tell us what the 'normal' format means (to YOU!).

You don't tell us what you DID - all very frustrating (to ME).

Suggestions:
1. Hit the ESC key (in case you are in Full Screen).

2. On the Menu:
View>Normal
This will give you "Normal" view which many people use because
it is useful for very fast typists - you will see NO layout or graphics.

3. On the Menu:
View>Print Layout OR View>Page Layout (depends on

Word version)
This is the view that most people prefer since it shows the correct
layout and all graphics.

IF none of this is what you want THEN
Execute suggestion 3. above AND
Describe what is now unsatisfactory in another post.
END IF

TF

Pat

Suzanne often manages to read a convoluted post and extract the right
question in order to give the correct answer. It has to be some sixth sense!

Terry Farrell

"Pat Garard" <apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau> wrote in message
: Good Pickup Suzanne!
: --
: Regards,
: Pat Garard
: Melbourne, Australia
: _______________________
:
: : > See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm
: >
: > --
: > Suzanne S. Barnhill
: > Microsoft MVP (Word)
: > Words into Type
: > Fairhope, Alabama USA
:
: > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
: > so
: > all may benefit.
: >
: > : >> Somehow, I changed the format of the WORD page and I want to get it
back
: >> normal. I am challenged when it comes to working with WORD, but it is
: >> frustrating to have this problem and not be able to figure it out.
: >> Please
: >> explain how to get the original format back.
: >
:
:

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Only very short questions, though. I've found that recently I have no
patience with extracting *anything* from long posts. I'm sure others feel
the same way, since I can't seem to get answers to my own longwinded
questions. <g>

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

TF

We do seem to occasionally get very long-winded questions which (if you have
the patience to study) often précis to something as simple as 'I can't
delete text'.

tf

: Only very short questions, though. I've found that recently I have no
: patience with extracting *anything* from long posts. I'm sure others feel
: the same way, since I can't seem to get answers to my own longwinded
: questions. <g>
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
:
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Pat
: >
: > Suzanne often manages to read a convoluted post and extract the right
: > question in order to give the correct answer. It has to be some sixth
: sense!
: >
: > Terry Farrell
: >
: > "Pat Garard" <apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau> wrote in message
: > : > : Good Pickup Suzanne!
: > : --
: > : Regards,
: > : Pat Garard
: > : Melbourne, Australia
: > : _______________________
: > :
: > : : > : > See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm
: > : >
: > : > --
: > : > Suzanne S. Barnhill
: > : > Microsoft MVP (Word)
: > : > Words into Type
: > : > Fairhope, Alabama USA
: > :
: > : > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: > newsgroup
: > : > so
: > : > all may benefit.
: > : >
: > : > : > : >> Somehow, I changed the format of the WORD page and I want to get it
: > back
: > : >> normal. I am challenged when it comes to working with WORD, but it
: is
: > : >> frustrating to have this problem and not be able to figure it out.
: > : >> Please
: > : >> explain how to get the original format back.
: > : >
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Mary Sauer (Publisher MVP) has a similar ability. She can read a post that
seems to give you absolutely no clue what they are talking about and she
nails it.

These women are a definite credit to the MVP program!

Graham Mayor

A few years ago, they would have been burned at the stake ;)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

TF

A hundred years ago we would probably have had them burnt at the stake!

Terry

: Mary Sauer (Publisher MVP) has a similar ability. She can read a post that
: seems to give you absolutely no clue what they are talking about and she
: nails it.
:
: These women are a definite credit to the MVP program!
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
:
:
:
[...]

G'Day JoAnn,

I am slightly ashamed of my fellow males, who responded
within seconds of each other.

http://explorersfoundation.org/glyphery/122.html was written
by a lady, and then attributed to Nelson Mandela who quoted
her in a 1994 speech.

Sorry fellas, you may know which side of the bread has the butter,
but I'm going for Jam (Is that Jelly in USspeak?)!
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia
_______________________

TF said:
[...]

Jam and jelly are two different substances. Jam is made by mashing fruit,
adding sugar and simmering until it reaches proper consistency. Preserves
(my favorite) is made so the fruit maintains its shape. Jelly can only be
made out of fruits that contain enough pectin, these fruits are, plums,
apples, grapes, and berries such as raspberries, blackberries, and
cranberries. Also jelly is made by extracting the juice from the fresh fruit
and cooking it with sugar.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

TF said:
[...]

Sometimes I get the wrong end of the stick just as badly as anyone else,
though. When I'm rushing through NG posts looking for "keywords" that can be
answered with boilerplate (or more often a link to one of my/our FAQs) I
remind myself of the tech support bots that answer the FAQ your question
superficially resembles rather than the question you're actually asking
(which they've never encountered before and which is completely over their
heads). I find that if a tech support person doesn't "get it" the first time
around, no amount of further explanation will get you any forrader; I hope
we're a little more intelligent in this forum. <g>

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

Pat Garard

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
also
MVP Les Délices de Prouvenço [Jams and Jellies]
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia
_______________________

JoAnn Paules said:
[...]

Ooh - I like that! It sounds so.....................French! ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Pat Garard said:
[...]

It is just our anti-PC sense of humour!

Terry

"Pat Garard" <apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau> wrote in message
: G'Day JoAnn,
:
[...]
: >>
: >> Suzanne often manages to read a convoluted post and extract the right
: >> question in order to give the correct answer. It has to be some sixth
: >> sense!
: >>
: >> Terry Farrell
: >>
: >> "Pat Garard" <apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau> wrote in message
: >> : >> : Good Pickup Suzanne!
: >> : --
: >> : Regards,
: >> : Pat Garard
: >> : Melbourne, Australia
: >> : _______________________
: >> :
: >> : : >> : > See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm
: >> : >
: >> : > --
: >> : > Suzanne S. Barnhill
: >> : > Microsoft MVP (Word)
: >> : > Words into Type
: >> : > Fairhope, Alabama USA
: >> :
[...]

Well, I sure as hell got told which was Jam and which was Jelly!!
`:)-{
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia
_______________________

TF said:
[...]

Well, there is a difference. I will eat apple jelly but that's about it for
jelly. Preserves, specifically strawberry, is my all-time favorite on a
PB&J. And make sure it's extra crunchy peanut butter.

Nutella and peanut butter is good too. It's like dessert!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

TF said:
[...]