How do I get IE6 to auto play video clips in WMP instead of the little media centre?

IceC

Hi there,

When I click on a streaming link sometimes it'll try to play the clip inside
the browser in a very small window. How can I get it to start wmp and play
it in there? The file format is compatible with wmp.

I remember a while a go I pressed something which as made this situation
happen. But I can't remember which option it was, so its hard to correct my
mistake.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Gavin

Andrew McDonald

Open IE and select View -> Explorer Bar -> Media. Then at the bottom click Media Options ->
Settings -> Reset preferred types. Now close the Media bar and you should be asked next time you
watch or listen to something whether you want to play it within IE or the associated program.

Andrew