How do I delete a shaded area in Word document?

C

christy

I received a document in Word (Mac) and it has a gray shaded area down the
right side of the document. Is there a way to get rid of it? I'm using
Windows Vista, Word 2007. The gray area prints on the document as well.
Thanks!

S

Stefan Blom

This is difficult to troubleshoot from a distance, obviously. One possibility
is that it is some sort of graphic anchored to the page header.

Reaction score
This problem showed up for me too. The issue has to do with edits. Under Word 2010, at the top there is a tab called REVIEW. If you click this you will see selections at the top of which is "Final: Show Markup" Click this and you will see that you have Final: Show Markup selected. Below this is a selection called "Final". Click this and the gray area on the right of each page will vanish. The document will then print OK. I do not have the earlier versions of Word installed anymore but the issue is the same. You will need to navigate to where you can do the above procedure.

Reaction score
This problem showed up for me too. The issue has to do with edits. Under Word 2010, at the top there is a tab called REVIEW. If you click this you will see selections at the top of which is "Final: Show Markup" Click this and you will see that you have Final: Show Markup selected. Below this is a selection called "Final". Click this and the gray area on the right of each page will vanish. The document will then print OK. I do not have the earlier versions of Word installed anymore but the issue is the same. You will need to navigate to where you can do the above procedure.
tnx bra, 100% helpful

Ask a Question