Windows XP how do i bypass the boot screen

Reaction score
i have a dell latitude d600 and just reloaded the factory windows xp pro, when i power on the laptop, it goes to a boot screen that asks me which operating system to start, there is only windows xp pro, how do i bypass this screen and have it just go right to the windows screen where xp is loading, thanks for the help

Reaction score
Go to Start.
Control Panel.
User Accounts

Click "Change the way users log on and off"
Uncheck "Use Welcome Screen"

As long as you dont have a password it will automatically log in.

[mucks edit ... :wave: ]

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
"Open System by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

Click Advanced System Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.

To change the default operating system, select an option from the Default operating system list (this is where descriptive menu choices come in handy). You can also choose how long you want to display the list of operating systems. The default is 30 seconds; we typically set this value to no more than 10 seconds (you can choose any number between 1 and 99). To set the boot menu so that the default operating system starts automatically, clear the Time to display list of operating systems check box, or enter 0. These options write data directly to the Boot Configuration Data store."

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...ot-system-from-Windows-Vista-Inside-Out#EUAAC

Ask a Question