How copy ONLY text to clipboard?

RandyDtg1

When I copy text from a PowerPoint text box, it also copies formats. I paste
into an application that can not handle the other information.

I'd like to set up a different short cut key to copy only the selected text to
the clipboard.

Thanks In Advance.

Glen Millar

Hi,

The only thing I can currently think of is to use an intermediate program.
So, copy in PowerPoint, paste into Notepad, and then copy there for your
next program. A pain, though.

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

RandyDtg1

I was trying to use dataobjects and .putinclipboard, but can not get
set mydata = new dataobject
to work.

I can get the text with
activewindow.selection.textrange