    to do this. It appears that there is $600 software that could do it.

    My calendar and contacts are most important info.

    Many Thanx!

    Guest, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Since the .OST file is a mirror image of your Exchange Mailbox, you should
    only have to re-install Outlook 2003 on your laptop, set it up for offline
    use, and reconnect to the Exchange Server. A new .OST will be created for
    you. The only situation where you'd need to covert .OST to .PST would be if
    your Exchange Mailbox were deleted and the .OST is the only copy of the data
    you have.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

    "T. Bowsh" <T. > wrote in message
    > My laptop crashed. I had copied .ost to my personal PC about a week

    prior.
    > I would like to be able to open the .ost on my personal PC. Both were

    using
    > Outlook 2003. laptop had exchange server. Personal PC was POP3. I think

    > need to convert .ost to .pst. Unfortuantely, I can not find a reasonable

    way

    Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U], Apr 16, 2005

    Re: How can I convert Outlook 2003 .ost to a .pst (need for data

    Hi Hal,
    Thank you. Unfortunately, I will not be able to access the exchange server
    for over a week. It resides on my company VPN and I will not be able to get
    a newly provisioned laptop until week of 4/25.

    I had copied some files to my PC just prior top my hard drive failing as I
    suspected there was a problem. (I should have converted to .pst at that
    point.). I would greatly appreciate any insight in how to recover this info
    w/o access to an Exchange server or $600 software. Based on my search of
    other posts, this seems surprisingly impossible.

    Please feel free to ffer any additional thoughts.

    Cheers,Tom

    Guest, Apr 16, 2005
  4. Re: How can I convert Outlook 2003 .ost to a .pst (need for data

    Here's Microsoft's take on it:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195793
    OL2000: (CW) How to Recover Offline Folder Information
    XCLN: Restoring from an OST after Deleting the Mailbox

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

    Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U], Apr 18, 2005