    jangelis Guest

    I am trying to create a document with pages that have different coloured
    backgrounds. Is there anything I can do?

    jangelis, Mar 10, 2009

  2. jangelis

    Jay Freedman Guest

    On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:47:01 -0700, jangelis <>
    wrote:

    >I am trying to create a document with pages that have different coloured
    >backgrounds. Is there anything I can do?

    If you use Word's "background" feature, it can only apply one color to the
    entire document.

    For a single page, use a rectangle shape from the Drawing tools, anchored in a
    paragraph of regular text on the page. Size it to cover the whole page. Set the
    fill color of the rectangle to the shade you want, and set the rectangle's Text
    Wrapping to "behind text".

    For several (or many) consecutive pages, separate them from the other pages with
    section breaks. Open the header pane, turn off the Same As Previous setting for
    that section and the one that follows it, and, with the cursor in the section's
    header, insert a drawing rectangle that you fill and send behind text.

    In either case, unless you have a fairly uncommon printer that can print all the
    way to the edge of the paper, there will be a white border around the color --
    this is a limitation of the printer, not of Word. For this reason, and because
    covering a whole page with ink is expensive, it's better to buy colored paper to
    print on.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman