Hover Buttons in Frontpage 2003 ?

G

I originally designed my website in Frontpage 2000 & used the hover button facility where the picture / button changes colour when the mouse is passed over it. This function still worked on the pages created in FP2000 when i upgraded to Frontpage 2003. However now i want to create some new hover buttons / pictures in FP2003 this facility does not seem available. So does FP2003 not support it now ? Please help !!

G

Pete

Hover buttons are no longer available in FP 03. This is due to the issue with the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) in the IE browser

Your best option is to replace your hover buttons with the interactive buttons, as these use java script and are far better than the hover buttons were

You can insert interactive buttons by going to Insert > Interactive buttons

JD

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Incorrect!
Hoover Buttons Are Still Available in FrontPage 2003
But they are deprecated and are only available in the Tool Well
View Toolbars Customize, and in the Commands (under Insert) find them and drag them out to your any one of your toolbars

--

| Pete,
|
| Hover buttons are no longer available in FP 03. This is due to the issue with the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) in the IE browser.
|
| Your best option is to replace your hover buttons with the interactive buttons, as these use java script and are far better than
the hover buttons were.
|
| You can insert interactive buttons by going to Insert > Interactive buttons.
|
| JDR

J

JCO

Correct. You have to do some "customization" work to get the hover buttons
to be visible. However, it is still better to replace them all with
Interactive Buttons.

Stefan B Rusynko said:
Incorrect!
Hoover Buttons Are Still Available in FrontPage 2003
But they are deprecated and are only available in the Tool Well
View Toolbars Customize, and in the Commands (under Insert) find them and
drag them out to your any one of your toolbars
--

| Pete,
|
| Hover buttons are no longer available in FP 03. This is due to the
issue with the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) in the IE browser.
|
| Your best option is to replace your hover buttons with the interactive
buttons, as these use java script and are far better than

G

Hi Stefan

Thanks for correcting me

In the initial rollout of the FP 03 Beta, I had asked about the hover buttons, and thought they had been completely removed, so I never did bother to look for them

Thanks Again
JD

Ask a Question