Hotmail to Outlook ?

Reaction score
Is it possible to set up your Hotmail / Outlook Express to accept your Hotmail e-mails directly without having to log on, on the internet ??

Cheers

Paul

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
In Outlook Express just go to Tools>Accounts>Add and input your hotmail details - remember Hotmail uses an HTTP server...:)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You must select HTTP in the settings as hotmail uses a HTTP server, if you don't it won't work (others use POP3, IMAP etc)

Use the drop down menu for the incoming server and select HTTP, it will then offer you another drop down menu for the email provider - select hotmail and it will automatically put the server details in for you...Press next and then enter your account name and password and away you go...:thumb:

Reaction score
Thx, done that and that seems fine however there seems to be an error in connecting to the server which seems to be either my ISP (NTL) or some other issue. It is on the Microsoft website, but the cures do't seem to help me.

I will keep trying

Paul

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Paul, I get that occasionally to - often it is a temporary problem at hotmails end.

Just a quick thought - make sure in the account setting you DON'T select the option to log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)...

Last edited:
Reaction score
paulwilko said:
Is it possible to set up your Hotmail / Outlook Express to accept your Hotmail e-mails directly without having to log on, on the internet ??

Cheers

Paul

Hi there - this is also my first time on this forum so I hope I am going about this the right way....

I am trying to setup Oulook to link to Hotmail but keep getting an error message saying that this can only be done with a subscription to Hotmail. I have followed directions to the Windows Live site to pay for a subscription but this is only available to US residents - I'm UK.

Does anyone know if it's possible to setup this link without a subscription or to pay a subscription in the UK?

Thanks James

Reaction score
pinsandneedles said:
Hi there - this is also my first time on this forum so I hope I am going about this the right way....

I am trying to setup Oulook to link to Hotmail but keep getting an error message saying that this can only be done with a subscription to Hotmail. I have followed directions to the Windows Live site to pay for a subscription but this is only available to US residents - I'm UK.

Does anyone know if it's possible to setup this link without a subscription or to pay a subscription in the UK?

Thanks James

Try www.Hotmail.co.uk

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
pinsandneedles said:

Thanks James
James, Please use your own thread ... https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3088891.php

... posting here, in someone else's thread, will only lead to confusions.

Thank you. :thumb:

Ask a Question