lisa

Hello,

My daughter has a hotmail address that we do not need and
I cannot figure out how to check to messages that may be
tied to it since we have never really used it. It says
she has 8 unread messages and I am afraid they might be
for me. She says she never established her hotmail
account and she insists that she only uses AOL instant
message. We would like to cancel this and clear it out.
We really appreciate it very much. please reply to my
above address. (e-mail address removed). Thank you very
much.

Signed,

Computer impaired.

V

*Vanguard*

"lisa" said in news:[email protected]:
Hello,

My daughter has a hotmail address that we do not need and
I cannot figure out how to check to messages that may be
tied to it since we have never really used it. It says
she has 8 unread messages and I am afraid they might be
for me. She says she never established her hotmail
account and she insists that she only uses AOL instant
message. We would like to cancel this and clear it out.
We really appreciate it very much. please reply to my
above address. (e-mail address removed). Thank you very
much.

Signed,

Computer impaired.

"My daughter"
Um, no, it's "we don't need"

So who is it that really doesn't need the Hotmail account? Your daughter? You don't want her to have one? You don't want her to get into YOUR Hotmail account that has some incriminating message that you're afraid she will see? And what's with asking us how to delete messages in Hotmail? Just login using your browser and delete them. Poof, they're gone. But you already knew how to delete e-mails.

Maybe what you really meant to ask is how to close the Hotmail account (i.e., kill it). Login using your browser and use the Help to search on "cancel account", then follow the links which will open a page to let you close your Hotmail account. You have something like 90 days to change your mind (by logging in again) afterwhich the account gets deleted.

If you are closing the account and want to prevent anyone from getting in again, change the profile information so nothing of it relates to you (so it cannot be guessed). Use jumbled strings of text that even you won't remember and birthdates that have no significance to you. Then go change your password to a jumble of random characters that even you won't remember later. Then close the account as mentioned above (sorry, Microsoft doesn't provide an easy link to close an account; you have to search for it in their help). You'll never be able to login nor will you be able to use the "Forgot Password" recovery since the jumbled random strings put into the profile won't be anything you can remember.

None of which stops whomever from just opening another freebie Hotmail account.

"She says she never established her hotmail account and she insists that she only uses AOL instant message."

And that really means what? That she never opened a Hotmail account? Or that she created one but never uses it? If she didn't create the Hotmail account then it really isn't HER account. If it's not her account (or yours with those possibly "you're afraid" e-mails) then it highly unlikely that you can even login since you won't know the password for whomever really owns that Hotmail account.

I don't reply via e-mails. That's rude to the community in disconnecting the discussion to take it offline and hides the possible solutions that can be looked up by others. It's also lazy. If you have the time to post here then you have to time to return here to check for replies.

M

marty

You two...as mother and daughter...should really try to get along
better...just what are you trying to accomplish here...your post is very
confusing...

Ask a Question