    that I can switch between the 2 inputs by pressing those hot keys. My Sony
    can auto-sense the input, so I guess it's a matter of telling the X1900GT
    which output to use. Is this possible?

    Fidelis K, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Fidelis K

    JLC Guest

    "Fidelis K" <> wrote in message
    news:JIQ8h.444$...
    >I set up my Sony 23" LCD as dual monitor with an X1900GT
    >
    > X1900GT DVI output 1 --> DVI-to-Analog Converter --> Analog input of the
    > Sony (primary display)
    > X1900GT DVI output 2 --> DVI input of the same Sony LCD (clone)
    >
    > The reason why I set it up like that is (1) I much prefer the dark & thick
    > text quality of the analog signal, but (2) 1680x1050 (my favorite
    > resolution for gaming) only works with the DVI input of the Sony. So, I
    > manually switch between the 2 inputs by pressing the input button on the
    > Sony.
    >
    > What I like to do is to create hot keys in the catalyst control center so
    > that I can switch between the 2 inputs by pressing those hot keys. My Sony
    > can auto-sense the input, so I guess it's a matter of telling the X1900GT
    > which output to use. Is this possible?

    Just open the Hotkey tab in CCC and you'll see a list off all the commands
    that you can use. The all you have to do is assign a key to that command. I
    not sure about switching between the same monitor. I switch from my PC
    monitor to my TV by simply pressing F5. JLC

    JLC, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Fidelis K

    Mangyrat Guest

    you can try Ultra monitor and set up different display profiles
    with one click of the mouse i jump from 2 monitors to 1 changing the res and
    refresh. for gaming and when im dune gameing i click one time and im back to
    2 monitors.

    http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

    Mangyrat, Nov 22, 2006
  4. Fidelis K

    Fidelis K Guest

    "JLC" <jc@nospam> wrote in message
    > Just open the Hotkey tab in CCC and you'll see a list off all the commands
    > that you can use. The all you have to do is assign a key to that command.
    > I not sure about switching between the same monitor. I switch from my PC
    > monitor to my TV by simply pressing F5. JLC

    Thanks. It was easy. There's a switch monitor command in CCC and I assigned
    F12 to it. Now, by pressing F12, I switch between analog and DVI.

    Fidelis K, Nov 23, 2006
  5. Fidelis K

    JLC Guest

    "Fidelis K" <> wrote in message

    > "JLC" <jc@nospam> wrote in message
    >> Just open the Hotkey tab in CCC and you'll see a list off all the
    >> commands that you can use. The all you have to do is assign a key to that
    >> command. I not sure about switching between the same monitor. I switch
    >> from my PC monitor to my TV by simply pressing F5. JLC

    > Thanks. It was easy. There's a switch monitor command in CCC and I
    > assigned F12 to it. Now, by pressing F12, I switch between analog and DVI.

    Glad you got it going. JLC

    JLC, Nov 23, 2006