History Web Addresses Not Visible

Ron

Please help. The solutions offered in my earlier post did
not work. My History folder tracks my sites accurately,
but when I click on the icon in the browser (the one that
looks like a sundial), no addresses can be seen. I
tried "Free History Eraser," and I do not have McAfee
Virus Scan with ActiveX as suggested. Everything else
works fine, but this is annoying. Any help would be
appreciated. I'm stumped.

Don Varnau

Ron,
So... if you access the History folder from Windows Explorer, it appears to
be working properly?

Which OS?

After running Free History Eraser, did the History folder (apparently) get
deleted then recreated?

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Ron" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Well, I've tried everything--system restore, repair
Windows Internet Explorer, etc. Nothing works. Now I'm
having the problem with my Favorites. Let me clarify; I
CANNOT access History or Favorites from my buttons in my
standard task bar (the window that appears to the left of
the web page). Accessing both from the hard drive is
possible, and I can access my favorites from the pull down
menus at the top of the screen, but the buttons in the
standard task bar just render blank grey screens. I'm
stumped. I like the utility you recommended and will keep
it long term. Any other advice would be greatly
appreciated. WINDOWS ME, 320 MB RAM, Comcast Cable
internet access.

Don Varnau

This sounds a lot like a Windows Explorer problem which is fixed by running
Repair on IE. When you ran Repair, did it appear to be going through the
repair process? Try running Repair with no IE or Windows Explorer windows
open and with programs such as anti-virus or system doctor disabled.

Don