Hide taskbar

Mark Kraft

Have searched thru posts. This is simple wish, not so easy to do.

Mention of Stuckrects2 registry has no impact.

Regsnap fails to see a change in registry that actually changes this
setting.

Either auto-hide or setting so taskbar is not always on top would serve my
purpose.

Anyone successful in this task?

Thanks much

--
Mark Kraft
Design Engineer

KM

Mark,

StuckRects2 does have effect. I have posted a script that changed the value
a long while ago. You may search for it.

Bascially, there are two ways (at least two ways that I have implemented) to
hide the taskbar:
- auto-hide option (StuckRects2 registry)
- call to FindWindows/ShowWindow( <task bar window> ) APIs

KM

Nicolas Macarez

Mark,
I can't find your post anymore.
I would be happy to know you script and config to auto-hide the taskbar with
StuckRects2.
Many thanks in advance !
Nicolas

KM

Nicolas,

I am not Mark but I'll still try to reply your message.

It does seem that google archive has been cleaned up (at least some posts
disappeared).
Here is my old post, cut/paste:

----------------------------------

Yes, there is a registry setting (no related TD setting, though) to set the
auto-hide taskbar option.

There is a binary registry value
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckR
ects2] on XP or Win2000 (or just StuckRects earlier)
that has a particular bit for the option. It is the first bit of 8-th byte
(starting from 0) to adjust auto-hide taskbar option. To
change the bit you may use regedit, import .reg file or simple run a script
file that changes the registry value. I've attached a VB script file to this
post that does
it. Since it is required to change the <binary> registry value and WSH does
not allow multiple binary data to be written as data so
the WMI was used. That means in order to run this vbs script you should have
WMI support in your image. If you don't want to include
it, you may just write a simple app to change the binary value in C/C++.

Another hard thing about the registry value is that even if you change it
Windows will overwrite it on user logoff to return it to
previous value being loaded on logon. So, you will need to change the value
just before the Explorer starts. You may do that using
UserInit key running a .bat or .cmd file. The batch file should launch the
..vbs file (or your custom app) and then run userinit.exe
to perform normal logon. I attached a sample .cmd script that does the job.
Just change (once!)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon],"Userinit" value to something like
"c:\windows\system32\userinit.cmd,", then reboot, logon to the user account
and see the changes. Then you may return your "Userinit"
key to previous
value and reboot again - the taskbar setting should still persist. Playing
with "strValue(8)" line at the bottom of the .vbs file,
you can set or clear the option.
----------------------------------

Necessary scripts are attached.

Good luck,
KM

Nicolas Macarez

Great Thanks!
I'll work on it.
Nicolas

KM said:
[...]

implemented) serve

Jack Furr

Windows has a feature starting with XP called "Private Desktops".
See: (e-mail address removed) for more information.

- Jack -
Netpulse, LLC

Nicolas Macarez said:
Great Thanks!
I'll work on it.
Nicolas

KM said:
[...]

I've uploaded AutoHideTaskBarScript.zip to www.xpefiles.com (Components/Other folder).

My apologies if it wouldn't work for you right away. I don't have a time right now to test it completely on XPe images.
You will however be able to change the script if needed.

Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
KM said:
I've uploaded AutoHideTaskBarScript.zip to www.xpefiles.com (Components/Other folder).

My apologies if it wouldn't work for you right away. I don't have a time right now to test it completely on XPe images.
You will however be able to change the script if needed.

KM, BSquare Corp.

> Dave,
>
> Here we go. See attached.
> As soon as www.xpefiles.com is up and running, I will make sure to upload
> the zip file there.
>
> KM
>
> > I cannot find the script. Can you re-post please?
> > Thanks
> >
> > "KM" wrote:
> >
> > > Mark,
> > >
> > > StuckRects2 does have effect. I have posted a script that changed the

> value
> > > a long while ago. You may search for it.
> > >
> > > Bascially, there are two ways (at least two ways that I have

> implemented) to
> > > hide the taskbar:
> > > - auto-hide option (StuckRects2 registry)
> > > - call to FindWindows/ShowWindow( ) APIs
> > >
> > > KM

> serve my

Hi to all

I know that the last post of this thread belongs to approximately 4 years ago

but just to mention, I could not find any script, associated with the idea of hiding the windows taskbar in the given website

so I absolutely beg all of you to help me in the following problem

I have created an Autorun cd using an app called "Auto play media studio"

but can not have the created page in full screen mode, since the taskbar of windows, disturbs

what do you suggest me, maybe offer me a script, to have the taskbar hidden automatically?

Thanks in advance