Help with Spec?

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Unfortunately not - My system is LGA775.

:(

I'm so annoyed.

Yeah I bet you are I would be too. The best thing to do is e-mail OC UK and ask them to replace the board for you as soon as they receive the dead one back, explain that you have tried testing other parts on the board and it wont work at all.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Reaction score
Have already filed an RMA request with them via email. Hoepfully it will be swapped ASAP - I need this machine to be working by the weekend!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Anyone else returned anything to OCUK? Were they fast?

Hi,

I have returned things in the past sometimes they are fast and sometimes they are slow, it manly takes longer if the item is not made anymore then they have to send it off for repair, but as the motherboard is still made I would expect it to be a fast turnaround. :)

Sometimes they test items but not always in my case anyway.

Reaction score
Toying with the idea of just going to their shop - it's a 2hr drive each way, but it means I can just swap it, and I don't have to spend the whole day waiting in for a parcel - the nearest depot is Peterborough!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Toying with the idea of just going to their shop - it's a 2hr drive each way, but it means I can just swap it, and I don't have to spend the whole day waiting in for a parcel - the nearest depot is Peterborough!

That sounds like a better idea. Specially if you want to have the machine running by the weekend..:thumb:

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:

It might be best as you need the system up and running by the weekend, I would contact them first though and get them to agree they will replace it for you when you get there just in case they turn around and say they need to test the item. Its up to you mate really but I think if I was that close then I would probably go over to the shop and sort it out there and then. :)

Reaction score
wizkid said:
It might be best as you need the system up and running by the weekend, I would contact them first though and get them to agree they will replace it for you when you get there just in case they turn around and say they need to test the item. Its up to you mate really but I think if I was that close then I would probably go over to the shop and sort it out there and then. :)

5 hours...return...close?? :eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Anyone else returned anything to OCUK? Were they fast?

I've returned loads of stuff to OcUK for replacment and refunds, always been dead quick. :)

Reaction score
Well the website says they have 10+ in stock - so just need to make sure I am able to whizz up there and swap.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've rma-ed a few things with OCUK, never had any problems.

Most notable occasion was a three day turn around, start to finish, of a faulty expensive graphics card.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
5 hours...return...close?? :eek:

Get one of your pals to take you with his blues on, cut the journey time in half, an it is an emergency :p

Reaction score
I'll take a TFU Volvo T5 thank-you-very-much :D

It would seem the motherboard isnt dead - more that the graphics card is outputting through the VGA port not DVI - bizarrely?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I'll take a TFU Volvo T5 thank-you-very-much :D

It would seem the motherboard isnt dead - more that the graphics card is outputting through the VGA port not DVI - bizarrely?

Good job you found out :eek:before travelling :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's an odd one.

It sounds as if it's the graphics card then eh?

Do you have a spare pci-e video card that you can try the DVI output from?

Reaction score
The thing is - the DVI port is working fine now. Weird. Maybe I overlooked something.

I've removed and replaced the CPU cooler about 3 times now - should I re-seat it using some new thermal paste - or should it be OK given the CPU didn't really get to any real heat?

It's running now on idle at approx 35 degrees.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
The thing is - the DVI port is working fine now. Weird. Maybe I overlooked something.

I've removed and replaced the CPU cooler about 3 times now - should I re-seat it using some new thermal paste - or should it be OK given the CPU didn't really get to any real heat?

Good to see all is well now. There's a small chance the card may not have been seated properly but I'm clutching at straws tbh.

You should never use old thermal compound.

Remove heatsink, clean everything off and refit using new compound.

It's going to be on there a long time, pointless not going the whole hog from the off.

You know it makes sense ;)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:

Glad to see you have made progress :) As Flops says you need to reapply the paste when you take a cooler off.

Reaction score
Removed the cooler, I didn't have any alcohol so got the old paste off as best I could and applied some Arctic Silver 3 that I bought years back.

Popped it back on. Temperatures seem identical really - but I understand AS3 takes a while to settle in.

See below screeny:

screenyr.jpg

Ask a Question