Excel Help with Excel

Reaction score
I have always used EXCEL 2000 and suddenly, all numeric data I enter takes the form of a two digit decimal. Ex - enter 5, get .05. I have checked the Format Cell tab and it is set for General (no decimal) I've also tried each of the other formats and they seem to work fine, but I just can't put in a whole number unless I enter something over 3 digits long (example - 500 = 5). Could use some help here.

Reaction score
dblock said:
I have always used EXCEL 2000 and suddenly, all numeric data I enter takes the form of a two digit decimal. Ex - enter 5, get .05. I have checked the Format Cell tab and it is set for General (no decimal) I've also tried each of the other formats and they seem to work fine, but I just can't put in a whole number unless I enter something over 3 digits long (example - 500 = 5). Could use some help here.

Hi dBlock
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
(Scrubs..?)

This is a bitof a strange one..Do you have your MS Office instaltion disks tohand..? If so insert them and try do an Office repair install..Follow this link..Hope this helps you out....:thumb::thumb:

Reaction score
You can change it back like this.

1. Select the Tools menu
2. Select Options
3. Select the Edit tab
4. Uncheck the Fixed decimal Places checkbox
5. Click OK

Reaction score
Boy, do I feel dumb,

Thanks, works perfectly now. I'm not sure how it got checked, but all's well now.
Again, thank you.

Ask a Question