    in that directory. Question - what is this directory for? Is it a path
    created by some virus? Should we delete this sub-directory?
    Any help will be highly appreciated.

    Curious, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Curious

    Malke Guest

    Curious wrote:

    > Both of our PCs have a directory under 'Program Files' named
    > 'ComPlus Applications'. But there are no executable programs
    > in that directory. Question - what is this directory for? Is it a
    > path
    > created by some virus? Should we delete this sub-directory?
    > Any help will be highly appreciated.

    This is a folder for ComPlus Applications that is installed by Windows.
    If there are no ComPlus Applications installed, the folder will be
    empty. Just leave it alone, it isn't hurting anything.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Curious

    Curious Guest

    Thank you for the info. Internet has become so easy to spread
    unwanted material, that we are scared if we find something unusual.
    As we read the following article at NYTimes, we looked at our
    PC and wondered about some materials.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/27/technology/27hack.html?incamp=article_popular&pagewanted=all
    Thank you again.

    Curious, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Curious

    Malke Guest

    Curious wrote:

    > Thank you for the info. Internet has become so easy to spread
    > unwanted material, that we are scared if we find something unusual.
    > As we read the following article at NYTimes, we looked at our
    > PC and wondered about some materials.

    That's fine, glad to help. The next time you have a question about
    something like that, the quickest and easiest way to get an answer is
    to search on Google. For ex., for your question I would use the search
    term, "what is ComPlus Applications folder" and the resulting links
    would be enough to tell me this was a Microsoft folder.

    Cheers,

    Malke

    Malke, Feb 27, 2006