Help Required After Hols

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm back from hols to find that I have had 27 hours of crunching trying, unsuccessfully, to upload for the last 5 days. There are, also, no tasks running and no downloads over the same period despite the project requesting new tasks.

Normally, if I want to reboot, I Suspend running tasks and then Resume on the reboot and the running tasks continue. Last time I tried this with completed tasks I found that, on reboot, the completed tasks had completely disappeared and became Errored Out and lost forever.

Is there a way of rebooting without losing the completed tasks? I usually find rebooting does get things going again.

Reaction score
nivrip said:
I'm back from hols to find that I have had 27 hours of crunching trying, unsuccessfully, to upload for the last 5 days. There are, also, no tasks running and no downloads over the same period despite the project requesting new tasks.

Normally, if I want to reboot, I Suspend running tasks and then Resume on the reboot and the running tasks continue. Last time I tried this with completed tasks I found that, on reboot, the completed tasks had completely disappeared and became Errored Out and lost forever.

Is there a way of rebooting without losing the completed tasks? I usually find rebooting does get things going again.

Learn`t my lesson a while back> what I do is right click the icon and exit leave it a few minutes then re-boot that way I don`t lose any work.;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep, just right clicking the Boinc tray icon and selecting exit is all you need to do - it will exit quite happily without any loss of work.

Re-boot then open Boinc again and the completed units should start uploading and you should then start to get more work

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks a million itsme and Ady. :) :thumb: Your suggestions worked perfectly.

Great to know that I haven't lost all that work. :nod:

Ask a Question