Help please !

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Asus motherborad and a MSI 1 GB graphics card. The problem is that after installing the card the system does not start, while when I take out the card and start the system there is no problem.
So would request for your help in this matter. :(

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
got another card to try? This one could be bad.
got another machine in which to try THIS card? This slot could be bad
Have you identified the slot properly and obtained the correctly slotted graphics adapter? Mis-matched slot/card could be an issue if you don't know the differences.

Off the top, sounds like you have a bad card. Without any of the above resources, you won't really know for certain. You could spend time trying to warranty the card, wait for replacement, only to find out that you still have the same problem.

Reaction score
Hi,

My computer is crashing in a way I haven't seen before, it will randomly kill all functions (screen goes blank, sound dies, keyboard non-responsive) but does not shut down (the fans keep running) or reboot. I recently formatted the c drive a couple of days ago but the problem still persists.
Please help me with this issue :cry:

Reaction score
Am I missing something here?...You say that when you remove the graphics card, your system starts ok?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I have seen many a problem with an MSI graphics adapter. Overheating is a typical failure. You will want to open the case and check that the GPU fan is still operational and not melted to the heatsink. This was the most common failure aside from various hardware glitches that could only be fixed by replacing the card.

I would do that.

Reaction score
Hi Surfer and Integer,
Thank u both for ur valuable advise, yes I did remove the graphics card as it was bad....and my system did work properly for 2 3 weeks....but most recently i hav been facing this problem inspite of removing the card...i haven't yet replaced the card after removing it and it was working fine.

Reaction score
The GPU fan is operational and and not has melted.
My PC specs are:

asus M2N68 AM SE2 motherboard
AMD athlon II X3 processor X3 435
DDR2 4 gb ram
500 gb hard disk

No graphics card installed.

Most recently the problem has increased, now the system shuts down within 5 to 10 seconds of starting it.

Last edited:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Most recently the problem has increased, now the system shuts down within 5 to 10 seconds of starting it.

I would start by stripping the machine down to the basics. System board, RAM, CPU, no HD. If the machine still shuts down, it is one of those three things unless the power supply is starting to go. Does the machine lose power completely or just shut down? You would have to open the machine and check to see if there are any indicator LEDs on the board that would tell you if you do not have power. Many boards will have one, or even two, LEDs indicating power. One typically for power being available and another for on/off indication.

If you remove the RAM, does it beep at you or shut down? If it shuts down, the system board is probably bad. If it beeps, maybe something else.

edit: Does the machine complete the POST (power on self test) before shutting down? At which point, on the screen, does it appear to shut down. Sometimes that is an indicator as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Gigabite mother board with Intel Dual core Processor and 2GB RAM .. i load Pinnacle software for my video editing.. Problem is when i load the anti virus the pinnacle software is do not work.....Please give me any suggestion ...

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
@Waynerooney - Please post a new thread with a new topic.

As for the issue, it appears that you will need to identify your antivirus solution. Perhaps there is an exclusion that you need to place in order for it to function properly.

Ask a Question