Help please with Sony / LG LCD displays

Reaction score
Originally posted by [HTAS]Infected
...Have 44.03 detonator drivers and the latest monitor driver. Running @ 1024 * 768, but the card should go some much higher shouldnt it? With everything turned on.

Nice card and latest (non-beta) drivers...but did you uninstall all old video drivers before installing your new card and then installing the latest Detonator drivers?

Most nVidia cards usually work OK and automatically detect earlier driver settings, but I've heard that the GeForceFX cards are a little more temperamental.

If you've done that and still get the jaggies or screen artifacts and breakup, then check your game settings...that card should easily handle anything in BF1942, but it's worth testing by starting with all effects turned to minimum and then gradually turning them on one at a time and re-testing each.

If that doesn't show anything up, then what about testing with 3DMark01 or 03??

If none of that indicates a problem with your card or in-game settings then it probably is a monitor fault or bad setting.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If its my Monitor thats at fault here, i'll be happy - to throgh it through the winda!
Yep, go get a CRT monitor if you want to play games. :brow:

Nothing wrong with the 44.03 drivers, they are specifically for GForce 4 cards.
;)

Reaction score
I have done a few things you've suggested, i've changed my monitor. got a 85htz thingo running. I looks better, i must admit!

Checked out the drivers thing. and run 3DMark03, scored 4423..??

i was told it should be in the 10000 range..but i think that must be for 02 ??

My frame rate in BF1942 (DC) is any where from 30 - 99 usually around 56 ish more if i look at the sky! (Of course) but i know people with much better frame rates always 99.

i've changes my settings to the lowest 640*480 every detail off, and the frame rate doesn't differ. The game does appearer smoother with the sound @ 11htz. but the frame ate remains the same... must be a game thing.

if the 44.03 are for GeForce 4....what should i be using to run my fx?

or isn't their a spacific driver for the card yet?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
FX = updated GF 4 card, they just droped the #4, they are the correct drivers for your card. ;)

Reaction score
Originally posted by [HTAS]Infected
Checked out the drivers thing. and run 3DMark03, scored 4423..??

i was told it should be in the 10000 range..but i think that must be for 02 ??

i've changes my settings to the lowest 640*480 every detail off, and the frame rate doesn't differ. The game does appearer smoother with the sound @ 11htz. but the frame ate remains the same... must be a game thing.

if the 44.03 are for GeForce 4....what should i be using to run my fx?

or isn't their a spacific driver for the card yet?

The driver is fine as Mucks says, but it's also worth making sure you have the latest version of DirectX... 9b has just been released...get it by running Windows Update.

Your 3DMark2003 sounds reasonable for that card (3DMark2001 is where you would get 10,000+)...but you might be able to increase your score by making sure your PC is set to max performance rather than quality. Right click desktop, select properties>settings>advanced...then click on the tab with your vid card name on it. A panel should appear on the left with 'Performance and Quality' in the list...you might have to expand this by clicking on the small green button on the left edge of the dialogue box.

Fluctuating frame rates is normal, and averaging in the 60's is v good. I've never heard of a 'stable' framerate...it fluctuates with what's on screen, so I don't know how you could know anyone with fixed 99fps. Also, with your card, you should easily be able to run in 1024x768x32.

You say that you saw no change in framerate when you reduced the resolution? That's sounds a bit wierd to me...

Are you sure you are not confusing framerate with 'ping' ?

Reaction score
No, im sire i'm not talkeing about my ping, hehehe.

i use console.showfps 1 in bf to get the frame rate. and haaslo use fraps. "I think" that its just the limitations of the game. And or some other component that sets the though unsure about the missing paneles i see now and then, accross the sky, they are usually right accross the screen but have seen it also on the edge of hill sides, like the texture is missing.?? only get this in 1024*768.

for the most part..i think the problem has to be game - card related..and not card reelated. I ran the 3dmark demo, and although it runs in 800*600, it is designed to show off some of the new freatures of the card i think, and does so quite well.

i will seek out the new direct x version, and see if it improves the situation.

thanks for your help.

Ted

Reaction score
i just brought a LG L1720b i have play a couple of game (bean only 2 days i have it) and yet its look better then my old crt viewsoninc GT775..

monitor hace 16ms response time (and realy seam to be the best choice to play game) and like i said ill have to test it whit more games but atm no shadow no blur nothing color are just awesome i wonder why i have wait so long before geting it..

iv read quite alot on lcd and there is not many web site that talk about all brand.. but iv read some review on that one and helped me make my choice..

monitor look also realy good hehe , even if i know its not the purpose of the monitor but compare to some other they realy made a nice desing..

Nor

Reaction score
Total balls, i got to a top level of national quake3 online gaming with a tft monitor and stayed there for 3 years. I played at lans, online against the uk's best in div1 and 2 levels. I even represented my country to play ctf and tdm in quake3. Dont think i did that by 'camping'. My one had a response time of 20ms and was very good for quake 3, very bright, sharp very clear. I dont play anymore but i still play the occasional game on a crt and the difference is very very minimal, even for us 'top dogs' :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hey, Nor, modesty is something you don't unduly suffer from, is it? ;)

Over the three year period you mention, were you using a TFT Monitor all that time? If so, what model was that and what response time does it have? Just curious :)

From what I can glean from reading around, computer system specs, particularly the video card, are just as influential on gaming performance as the model of TFT Monitor used.

And I also note many good reports for gaming on latest TFT models.

Camping? Now, who would accuse you of such a thing, hehe ;)

All power to your trigger finger matey :D

Nor

Reaction score
my old boy got me one from his work, they have developed lots of tft stuff, originally had a 35 ms response tft, it wasnt bad on a good gfx card, prototype tft really tho. Then got a good 20ms one and kept it for bout 2 years, very very good monitor, same as the current lgl1710B really.

I hear the new iiyama tft's are very very good for gaming, but not seen the proof.

As for being big headed, ah well just felt like blowing my own trumpet for a change. No harm in that :) hehe

Ask a Question