Help Needed From Fellow Crunchers

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been toying with running two computers, which I will be doing for real next month. I expected to find an "Add another computer" icon somewhere on WCG but can't find one.I have managed to get the two computers under my name on WCG but if I run one it always disconnects the other from the WCG website.

What am I doing wrong here? It has got to be something so simple as to be ridiculous. However, when you're struggling, as I am now, you usually miss the obvious.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to set up two computers, and actually get them both running.

Reaction score
You have to login from the other puter if i remember correctly mate after you have installed BOINC. Been a while so not 100% sure

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Accessing the WCG website with your username/password can only be done on one PC at a time - however you do not need to be logged into the website on a PC to crunch, you just enter your username/password in BOINC when attaching to the project.

You can then access all your PC's settings under your account at WCG from one PC.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
How Can This Happen?

I've been trying to do a TC and do some crunching on dial up.I've registered the computer with WCG and on connecting it's downloading a Task. The usual screen is as follows:

Progress 50% Download 10MB/20MB and as the download proceeds then it, of course, becomes Progress 75% Download 15MB/20MB and so on pro rata.

However, when progress reaches 100% and Download 20MB/20MB things DO NOT stop. Progress remains at 100% but Download changes to 21MB/20MB and the first figure of the download continues to rise!!!

How can the system download MORE than the size of the file.This then seems to go on indefinitely although Progress remains at 100%.

It seems that the download will never be completed!!!??!! :mad:

Any ideas what is going on here. It's very frustrating. :wall:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
It could just be the way Windows is reporting the download, and it is actually downloading more than one unit. Another thing is that it actually downloads around 3-4 seperate bits for one work unit - if you look under the 'Transfers' tab in Boinc when you are downloading you will see what I mean.

Ask a Question