HDD Partition Software

Reaction score
Any good free partition software to go for?
I need to delete 2 old linux version partitions & then install a newer version of linux.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Partition Magic or if you are using Vista or Windows 7, then use the Windows partition tool. It's good and does what it says on the tin. Mucks link is probably the best though :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Win 7 has it's own, free.

Hard drive manufacturers have them for free.

Linux specific? then I'll stick with my first answer. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
any others to try?

Wassup with that one then? It's free, doesn't look too difficult to use to me and it does what it says on the tin.

By 'eck as like our kid I swear there's no pleasing some folk and I do believe it's your round young Arkwright.

Reaction score
By 'eck as like our kid I swear there's no pleasing some folk and I do believe it's your round young Arkwright.
Cant open the file pc keeps saying it's invalid hence asking for something else!

Havin a bad day yesterday, sorry.:blush:
My round at 7pm in The Red Lion tonight, you can have a pint of what you like.:cheers:

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What are you trying to open it with, its an ISO isn't it?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well here's a thing, I just downloaded the ISO and it's MD5 sum doesn't match the one given on site. Plus the site's not loading completely for me in my browser. So it's possible there's a glitch. I haven't tried burning ISO, don't want to waste a CD if MD5 sums don't match.

I have a version of G-Parted I burnt to CD from 2 or 3 years ago, it works well. I also have Partition Magic 8 which is probably about ten years old now but works well

Reaction score
will try partiton magic then.
if no luck i will scrounge a copy off a friend who has the full version of one he uses at work.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That works Mucks :thumb: MD5 sums matched, CD burnt from ISO, booted into system after making a few choices via boot.

Twas about time I upgraded to latest version.

Attachments

• IMG_6944.JPG
    IMG_6944.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 89
Reaction score
Cheers Mucks.:thumb:
Sorry for being a pain, big movements at work, exam results pending & it's hot!:blush:

Ask a Question