Have you got much snow yet?

Reaction score
:D There is not much left here so it will be back to work with you tomorow feckit:lol: , but I can snuggle under the quilt for a bit until dogs tell me they want a walk. So there are some advantages to being retired:nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
We've still got some lying snow, but not surprising because it has been freezing really hard. Temps have not been higher than -2.2 C today. Each time we replenish the birds' drinking water, it freezes instantly .... There are robins in bobble hats and scarves, performing some fine triple axels!! :D

Reaction score
We are better off as day time temp has risen to+1 but heavy frost and frozen fog this morning as for the birds we have had crows, pigeons magpie's, coal tits, blue tits, chaffinches, sparrows at our bird table, oh and a Robin and tonight we will have foxes calling for their chicken dinner.:D

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
No more snow but no thaw either. Perishing here and will get a lot colder through the night.

More snow forecast for the morrow. :mad:

Reaction score
nivrip said:
No more snow but no thaw either. Perishing here and will get a lot colder through the night.

More snow forecast for the morrow. :mad:

It is supposed to be sunny here tomorrow, but the temp tonight is supposed to go down to-4c at the moment it is -1.3c so it is quite warm here in the sunny South East as opposed to tut North:)

Reaction score
It's coming down here again......there's a fresh blanket of snow on the cars and its freezing hard.....another week of it again, i reckon.
Oh well. Can't wait for this months heating bill, lol.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://imgur.com/NJgxo?full

-13 here tonight. Snowed last night but sunny and cold today.

Been a bit busy, turned out every day last week and covered 1270 miles so am a bit tired.

Slithered over quarter of a mile down a very steep twisting and narrow hill on fresh snow, how I avoided the stone walls I don't know.
Got one wheel stuck in a grass verge took ten minutes of rocking to get free.
Even with winter screen wash ice formed on the wiper blades and had to stop every 10 miles or so to knock it of one afternoon.
Apart from the life's been fine.
Apart from the fact that I can not get a picture of the woodpecker that is feeding on the blue tits coconut.

laughingsmiley.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's back! The snow that is... it was quite a surprise to draw back the curtains this morning, to find that the world had turned white overnight! It has been snowing hard ever since, so there is a good 4 ins or so now, which is deepening even as we speak.
:wave:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
My area got it yesterday - but only about half an inch. None overnight and a beautiful sunny day with not a cloud in the sky.

But, it's still below zero. :(

Reaction score
3/5 inches here in Jackland -2c at the moment and still snowing> whoops....

Reaction score
Crazy snow

Took dog out and it was fine. Got back in made a brew and sorted lil'man out.

Looked out window everywhere was complete white. Very very heavy snow!

Anywhere else?

Reaction score
I have just got back from the new bungalow having started the decorating, we have had about 1 inch of snow, but the untreated roads are covered in ice and difficult driving conditions. The temperature now is -4.5c acording to my weather station but are expecting about 8 inches tomorrow on top of the laying ice. As the bungalow is in a village called Ulcombe on the borders of the Kentish Weald near Headcorn it may be that I will not be able to get there tomorrow I will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Took dog out and it was fine. Got back in made a brew and sorted lil'man out.

Looked out window everywhere was complete white. Very very heavy snow!

Anywhere else?

Pretty much the same here today, had a quick shower and when I got out, looked out the window and snow everywhere

CSB

Reaction score
Went to Cirencester (My Home Town) for a night, made our way back to South Wales today after stopping off in Gloucester for a few hours. Was an hour away still when I read a text to say that it had been snowing for 4 hours straight where I live.

Was clear where we were but as we got closer there was a few flakes in the air, then fresh snow on the sides, well when it got to just about 9 miles to home, it started to get really bad, was driving at a snails pace just to stop the car from skidding. car tracks from previous cars were made over both lanes (left wheel in left lane and right wheel in right etc) so we were really driving right down the middle of the roads.

Snow is as deep as your knee in some places. we were lucky to get home. Got work in the morning but might not be going.

Last year we left work at 4.20pm and got caught out in it, had to abandone the car after being stuck in traffic for nearly 5 hours and walk to my Fiancee's brothers house, then dug the car out the next day. I've had enough of the white stuff now lol.

Rob

71717218.jpg

33472873.jpg

99153921.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mad, this whole country comes to a stand still in this weather!

We just don't seem to learn or be prepared

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This is the snow we had today, not a lot but definitely snow...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• snow001.jpg
    snow001.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 198
  • snow002.jpg
    snow002.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 156
Reaction score
SNOW!! We got tons of the white stuff!

Heavy snow falling for last 30mins in South West London.
Probably 2 to 3" of the white stuff falling since this morning.
Roads are very dangerous, i skidded coming into our side road.

Keep safe out their folks.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
We ended-up with about a foot here yesterday. Cannot believe how quiet it was, normally we hear car doors and engines starting up as neighbours go off to work, then the same later as they all get home, but all remained silent.

Lots of snow is lying along the tree-branches, every now and then, little avalanches cascade down, when it gets disturbed by birds or squirrels. Looks very pretty. Probably not so good for Christmas business though.

Take care all of you who might be traveling around. :wave:

Reaction score
If it stops snowing may walk into the local village.
But the Met Office have given a servere weather warning for SWLondon.
Snow could be up to 5 to 15cm of snow in next 7 hours.

Reaction score
Heavy snow from 0915 to 1120 this a.m in South West London.

Met Office have warned that their is more on the way!

Ask a Question