Hard drive problems

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just bought a new hard drive to add some more storage to my computer. Plugged it into sata 2 slot on my mobo with the power, booted it up and the bios see's it fine but when i go into "My Computer" the drive is not present. So i right click on "My Computer" and select "Manage" and go to "Disk Management" then theres my drive. I right click it and i have 4 options "convert to dynamic disc", "convert to GPT" disk", "Properties" and Help". There is no format option. What am I doing wrong?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I see you sorted it but where the disk shows in disk management if you right click the title box on the left it gives an option to add the disk or summat, do that and then it can be formatted.

Just in case anybody else wanted to know, glad you figured it :thumb:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Yeah, i right clicked the disk, not the volume section and it gave me an option about sorting the storage/space more simple so i thought i#d give it a go, then after clicking next a few times it gave me the option to format! Not as simple as i thought it would be, 1st sata drive i've ever installed and 1st time i've installed a hard drive onto windows 7.

Ask a Question