    I get an entry in the Application Log -
    Date: 04/11/2008 Source: Application Hang
    Time: 13.09.58 Category: (101)
    Type: Error Event ID: 1002
    User: N/A
    Computer: TC3

    Hanging application EXCEL.EXE, version 11.0.5612.0, hang module hungapp,
    version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

    --------------------------

    The funny thing is that after it has eventually closed after the initial
    hang, it runs perfectly OK until next time the PC is rebooted and then the
    first Excel is run, it hangs. This doesn't appear to effect any other
    applications.

    I have tried an Office Repair with no luck, I even completely uninstalled
    Office from this PC then installed office fresh and the first time I ran
    Excel - it hung.

    Is this possibly something to do with XP itself?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    tfslmt, Nov 4, 2008

  2. Hi,

    We don't have enough info, but you might look at this
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125588/en-us

    Otherwise my first thought would be to reinstall, Office and choose Repair.
    If that doesn't work I would uninstall and then reinstall.

    --
    Thanks,
    Shane Devenshire

    ShaneDevenshire, Nov 7, 2008

  3. tfslmt

    tfslmt Guest

    Hi

    Yhanks for your reponse. I did indeed find
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125588/en-us - but it wasn't applicable. I
    also
    tried an office repair and a complete uninstall and reinstall of office, but
    had exactly
    the same issues before and after applying all office service packs. As I
    already mentioned.

    I therefore resorted to a complete reinstallation of the PC with a clean
    install of XP and Office and it is now working ok. What exactly the problem
    was I don't know

    Thanks for your help anyway.

    tfslmt, Nov 10, 2008