Handy Guide - Max CPU Temp For Crunchers

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Well I was looking for information on max temps for my IBM Laptop and stumbled across a very handy guide about all CPU's in existence and what their max temperatures should be before they burn out.

If you are concerned about your system take a look at the link provided to know the facts about voltages, temps etc.

Processor Electrical Specifications

For those who are looking for software which can monitor the temps and give audible warnings some of the nice softwares are Motherboard Monitor and Hardware sensor Monitor

Is your case upto the task? Some tips on how to avoid overheating can be referred to in the following article

[font=arial,verdana]Cases: How to Avoid Overheating

[/font] Take care of your system ;)

Reaction score
When the Hardware sensor Monitor trial runs out what can you use instead as i found it to be really good.On average what sort of temps should the Mainboard and HDD be? And for gaming aswell?

Thanks

Edit: Just seen my system in the tables in the link provided, it says 70 for the case temp. So would this be 70 for the mainboard temp or the cpu?

When i was playing an average game my temps went from 33 to 35 for both after playing for 20mins. I can't imagine what the temps will be like when i play something like Quake 4 for a couple hours lol

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Reaction score
How could i clean out my pc? I thought it would be a little dangerous to use a vacuum cleaner to suck the dust out. Is buying a can of compressed air the best thing to use?

Also as i have taken out a pci card i now have an empty slot which doesnt have a metal cover over it at the back, is this a bad thing as dust can get in easily or good because it allows hot air out? Where can i buy this metal slot cover from?

Also where can i get those things that holds the cables together?

A little off subject but thought i may aswell ask :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
questions questions questions ...

stuartw101 said:
How could i clean out my pc? I thought it would be a little dangerous to use a vacuum cleaner to suck the dust out. Is buying a can of compressed air the best thing to use?
In my book compressed air is NOT used ... I use a vacuum, carefully. ;)

Also as i have taken out a pci card i now have an empty slot which doesnt have a metal cover over it at the back, is this a bad thing as dust can get in easily or good because it allows hot air out? Where can i buy this metal slot cover from?
A good PC shop will give you one ... but I wouldn't bother, dust will get in anyway. :D

Also where can i get those things that holds the cables together?
They are called "cable ties" and can be baught anywhere ... try Woolies, Maplins, an Electrical shop, B&Q, DoItAll ...

:cool:

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the answers, you are indeed cool :)

So how can i find out my case temp? Is that the same temp as the mainboard? Also the hmonitor has run out so what can i use to find the temps out?

There you go, a few more questions fot you to answer

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Reaction score
Here is a screenshot of the temps, what do you think?

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    temps.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 382
Reaction score
LOL, I put it on snooze and the

CPU temp went from 47 to 33
System temp went from 35 to 30
Aux temp went from 33 to 30

Makes sence about the CPU, but i didnt expect such a big drop, only took 5mins to go down to these temps!

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
LOL, I put it on snooze and the

CPU temp went from 47 to 33
System temp went from 35 to 30
Aux temp went from 33 to 30

Makes sence about the CPU, but i didnt expect such a big drop, only took 5mins to go down to these temps!
Oi Stuart - you should be crunching, not having a snooze:p

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Oi Stuart - you should be crunching, not having a snooze:p

I know, sorry :( So what do you think about those temps? I was just interested to see how much it would drop, pretty impressed.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep, thats well cool - no problems there mate!:thumb:

*only joking about the snooze

:)

Ask a Question