Half Life Two: Episode Two

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
ah but thats a special gift offer isn't it? Steam do those tickets as well, where you can trial a full game for a weekend.

other than that, once you've used the serial key in the boxed game to your account, you won't be able to have that game on a different steam account.. if you see what I mean :D.

There was a big fuss about this when steam first came out, if you can remember...

What i don,t understand about steam you got to download a game you bought.

I have now made a back up of halflife 2 on my usb harddrive(same time down loading it again)

Your screw if you don,t have the net with this game.

How many games need the net to play them, not many?

Bet you the x-box 306 does,nt need the net to play it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Games that I'm aware of that need a net connection to play:

All the Steam stuff, HL2, HL2 Episode1, etc
Bioshock
Microsoft Flight Simulator X

And, frankly, in my opinion, it sucks.

In much the same way that Microsoft sucks for having to 'activate' their bugged Operating System.

Ever feel you've been whipped around the head until you're quite submissive?

Unfortunately the alternative is a heady combination of Linux and a games Console or two.

Which, really, apart from the Gamepad vs Mouse/Keyboard, really ain't too bad.

Reaction score
Im sure a patch was released for people who cant afford the net or plain dont have access to it to enable them to play HL2. I'm sure!!

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Im sure a patch was released for people who cant afford the net or plain dont have access to it to enable them to play HL2. I'm sure!!

and i quote the slip of paper INSIDE the box of half life 2 (interesting that this information can only be found out once you've bought it, or heard it from elsewhere...)

[QUOTE="Half Life 2 Quick reference card]
Steam requirements and offline mode

A Steam account is required to play Half Life 2 and an internet connection is required to create and use your Steam account. During installation you will be prompted to create your steam account and validate your cd key, once this is complete you can play Half Life 2. An "offline mode" will also be available if the "Remember my password" box is checked on the Steam login screen.

Offline mode will not be available and an internet connection will be required if:

1)You do no select the "Remember my password" option on the login screen.
2)You choose to login as a different user
3)You check "Don't save my account information on this computer" on the Steam account settings screen.
[/QUOTE]

Now when this was released in 2004 (correct me if i'm wrong) alot more people had dial up, which did indeed cause a huge fuss.

What also was interesting was that when you buy the box of the game, you're actually buying the license and right to PLAY the game, not the game itself.

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
and i quote the slip of paper INSIDE the box of half life 2 (interesting that this information can only be found out once you've bought it, or heard it from elsewhere...)

Now when this was released in 2004 (correct me if i'm wrong) alot more people had dial up, which did indeed cause a huge fuss.

What also was interesting was that when you buy the box of the game, you're actually buying the license and right to PLAY the game, not the game itself.

So the game is misleading , did these idiot ever think we may be on dail up or no net at all.

if Steam think this stop people copying they are wrong, looking on the net people have got around this and just rip the game without a password.

Reaction score
The patch was released well after the game. Few months a think!

And im sorry if I buy the game and decide to sell it to someone else they can Sue me. C if i care

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
The patch was released well after the game. Few months a think!

And im sorry if I buy the game and decide to sell it to someone else they can Sue me. C if i care

haha yeah exactly

pathetic really :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Just finished playing HL2 Ep2...(Orange Box)

Excellent graphics as usual and superb storyline, voice characterisation etc (Watching Alex's expressions when you bump something in the car and when you meet the arrogant professor guy later in the game is pricesless)..
However, it is extremely short. I tend to take my time with FPS games, and i like to try the same sections in several different ways, testing out different weapons or strategies...but even so, I was really suprised when the credits rolled.

I already had HL and Ep1. Portal may be good, but I found it annoying at the start and turned it off. Team Fortress needs a complete re-working of the balance of characters and abilities, and the maps are very boring. The 'comic' effect is ok for a while, but becomes very samey after a few maps.

I agree with previous peeps...this does feel like a bit of a ripoff, unless you are new to HL2, in which case it would definitely be worth the price as it remains one of the all time great games and is very replayable.

Reaction score
Yep i'll reiterate. I wont be buying it. I put my foot down when it comes to paying for something that is only gonna take several days to complete.

I can get a full complete game for the same price which will take weeks to complete.

Outrageous!!

Ask a Question