    please log on to an adminstrator user to do so, and i
    have an adminsrative account ,and i need to convert
    texture from my video card

    nick, Jul 6, 2003

  2. nick

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi Nick,

    Updating video card drivers can solve most gaming issues.
    Me & XP users should create a restore point before any upgrades:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/systemrestore.asp

    Before you update your drivers, I recommend you upgrade to DirectX 9.0a:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...22-0B25-4E5D-A584-6389D8A3DAD0&displaylang=en

    Keep any download accelerators or antivirus programs disabled.
    Here are the steps I recommend you use to update your driver:

    1. To identify the make and model of your card, right click your
    Desktop, choose Properties / Settings / Advanced / Adapter.

    2. Download the latest video driver for your card online, using
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers
    to find the website to download from. I also have advanced
    video driver and direct X troubleshooting steps on that page.

    3. Save the .exe driver (or uncompress the zip file) to a folder
    in My Documents named after the driver version number.

    4. Restart the computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key
    about once every second as it's rebooting to pick Safe Mode.

    5. Click Start / (settings) Control Panel / System / Hardware
    Device Manager / expand +Display Adapters / right click on
    the adapter, pick "Uninstall", and click No if asked to reboot.

    6. Use Control Panel / Add-Remove programs to uninstall the
    previous driver (exe)software which may have been installed.

    7. Restart the computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key
    about once every second as it's rebooting to pick Safe Mode.

    8. If the driver is a (exe)program file, GO DIRECTLY TO step 10.

    9. When Windows prompts you to install the video adapter,* click
    "Install from a list or specific location", click the "Browse" button,
    browse to the My documents folder where you saved the driver,
    click on one of the driver files to begin installation. Go to Step 11.

    * If Windows doesn't prompt you to install the video adapter, click
    Start / Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager /
    click the + next to Display Adapters / Doubleclick the Adapter /
    Update Driver... / follow the instructions in Step 9 to install driver.

    10. If / when Windows prompts you to install the video adapter, click
    "Cancel". Double click the driver program to install the new drivers..

    11. After you reboot, go to Control Panel / Display / Settings and
    choose 32 bit Color Quality, and 1024x768 Screen Resolution.

    TROUBLESHOOTING:

    Test your drivers using DXDiag: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
    Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
    If any of the Display options are Disabled and you cannot Enable them,
    your most likely solution would be to update your Chipset Drivers as per:
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/Video.html#v11

    Along with your Video card, Sound Cards, Motherboard Chipsets,
    and Video Monitors may also require updated drivers. Even your
    motherboard's BIOS may need to be updated for compatibility with
    your Video card. These steps are listed at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk

    The latest video drivers sometime don't work with a particular game.
    (Check the Video suggestions in the readme.txt file in your game folder/CD)
    If there's no suggestions, try an older (WHQL) driver, and/or if you still
    experience problems try a Beta driver, or even an Omega driver instead:

    BETA Drivers: http://download.guru3d.com/
    OMEGA Drivers: http://www.omegacorner.com/

    Do you have more than one video outlet on your card? If so, test the
    monitor using other outlet and disable the 2nd outlet if that doesn't help.

    There you have it, if you have any questions feel free to post them! :)

    --
    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk