Excel Grouping in Excel 2007

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to figure out how to setup the data and create grouping on eqid based on the two data sets below. I would like to have each eqid’s woid grouped under its corresponding eqid, mfgr, and model. From everything I’ve seen so far I would need to perform the grouping on each eqid individually but in my real data sets I have thousands of eqids. Could someone please help me getting started?
Thank you in advance,
Jim
eqid mfgr model
1 Goulds 3196 MT
2 Durco mk 2 gp 3
3 Durco mk 3 gp 2
4 Goulds 3196 MT
5 Goulds 3196 MTX

eqid woid
1 a
1 b
1 c
3 z
5 y
5 q
5 y
5 w

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

Can you please provide an example of how you have the data stored- single worksheet, workbook, etc? Also if you can describe what you start with and what you expect in the end it would be helpful.

For example, if you start with your first set would you end up with 1, Goulds, 3196 MT, a, b, c?

Stoneboysteve

Reaction score
Stoneboysteve,

Thanks for the reply.

I can organize the data any way necessary to automate the grouping but, for the sake of argument let’s say it is in a single worksheet and I’d like to group like this;
eqid mfgr model
- 1 Goulds 3196 MT
woid
A
B
C
+ 2 Durco mk 2 gp 3
+ 3 Durco mk 3 gp 2
+ 4 Goulds 3196 MT
- 5 Goulds 3196 MTX
woid
Y