Graphics trouble

David Stone

I have a new Dell computer running XP home ed. Most all the graphics in the
browser (ie6) window look pixilated and poor quality. However, when I right
click and save those graphics to desktop; they look fine. I can not find
any Internet option setting to control graphic resolution. Any advise?

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

David Stone said:
I have a new Dell computer running XP home ed. Most all the graphics
in the browser (ie6) window look pixilated and poor quality.
However, when I right click and save those graphics to desktop; they
look fine. I can not find any Internet option setting to control
graphic resolution. Any advise?

Turn off your dialup accelerator.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

David

RE: Turn off your dialup accelerator.

To the best of my knowledge, I do not have a dial-up accelerator. I use
high speed dsl and would have no need for an accelerator.

I did use dial-up initially, but recently converted. I did not install an
accelerator nor can I find one installed in the program menus.

Hans Le Roy

Hi,

In addition to Frank's suggestion, a question: when right-clicking, did you
save the image or the target of the link?

Kind regards

Hans Le Roy
MS MVP Win/IE-OE

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 600M. Unfortunately, I have the same
problem as what happened to David for my laptop. When I use Mozila, the graph
looks perfect. Any suggestons would be appreciated.

David

Don, Thank you. That (link 2 below) worked perfectly.

Ian, I will distill what worked for my Inspiron. --
copy EVERYTHING between the dotted lines below into notepad and after saving
it change the file extension from .txt to .reg then doubleclick I hope that
does it for you. I have a dell inspiron and it did the trick for me.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"UseHR"=dword:00000000

This is not very scientific but in going through the threads none of the
suggestions seemed to work until I went to Tools, Internet Options,
Accessibility and put a check in Ignore font sizes specified on Web Pages.
Restarted IE and the problem was still there, went back to Accessibility and
removed the check and restarted IE and the pic's were great. As I said I
tried all other suggestions so it was probably a combination that solved the
problem for me but perhaps you folks with more knowledge of IE can connect
what I did with the real solution.
Hope this is helpful...Mike

Don Varnau

Mike,
Thanks for the information. Perhaps the the registry switch for "Ignore
font sizes" was "stuck."

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Mike Antonello" wrote in message
This is not very scientific but in going through the threads none of the
suggestions seemed to work until I went to Tools, Internet Options,
Accessibility and put a check in Ignore font sizes specified on Web Pages.
Restarted IE and the problem was still there, went back to Accessibility and
removed the check and restarted IE and the pic's were great. As I said I
tried all other suggestions so it was probably a combination that solved the
problem for me but perhaps you folks with more knowledge of IE can connect
what I did with the real solution.
Hope this is helpful...Mike
Don Varnau said:
You're welcome. Glad it's fixed.
Don
David said:
Don, Thank you. That (link 2 below) worked perfectly.
Dell Inspiron, you say? Numerous reports of this have come from Inspiron
users.

See: 820286 - PRB Windows XP Does Not Natively Support High-DPI Screens
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820286
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_video&message.id=79881