graphics problems

Reaction score
i have just put togather a new system and i'm having problems (what else is new)

SOLTEK SL-75FRN2 MAINBOARD
SOLTEK G-FORCE FX5200
512 DDR 2700 KINGSTON RAM
WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL

the problem is when playing games the graphis, they seem to come into view as i move through the game the games play abit jerky also
i would be grateful for any help
thanks

:crazy: ciaran

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean with your problem, can you explain it a little more?

Reaction score
What games are you playing? At what resolution? Have you tried to update your vid card drivers?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I concur with kurokaze ... dirvers

You have a good system there ...

... but getting games and the right drivers can prove dauting, however, nVidia have recently released a new set of drivers for the nForce boards, and they include new graphic drivers within the bundle as well as, finally, new IDE drivers.

Do a 'restore point' in XP then pop over and get these drivers

You may wish to install DX9, but only, and I mean only if the games require it. I do not have any problems with DX9 and any 'older' games, but some have reported problems, the choice is yours on that one. ;)

Reaction score
thanks for the replys i got the direct x 9b update i have the 52.16
graphic driver update. the games i play are Medal of Honour the Trilogy the new Call of Duty and games of this genre i was thinking is there something i should have changed in the bios it seems as though it's running out of memory ????, whilst playing the games
if you can imagine running down a street the view i get is only half the street but as i move through the street it comes into view i know there is a problem because my last graphics card was a g-force mx440 64mb and it was'nt to bad but the upgrade to a 128 should have been an improvement ?? any ideas are greatfully appreciated

thanks ciaran....

Reaction score
were do i set the vertical sync .
is it in the bios or in the cards config programme ??

Reaction score
usually vsync is in the drivers. It should be under either the OpenGL or DirectX tabs.

What resolution are you running those games at? and the detail level? Usually choppy gameplay (assuming your drivers are up to date) is due to the vid card not being able to keep up.

Oh wait a minute, have you tried to remove ALL the old drivers from your system? I know Nvidia has a unified driver architecture and all, but it never to make sure you have a clean system for installing new vid card drivers.

Also, this may or may not make any difference but enable Fast write in the BIOS.

Reaction score
firstly sorry i took so long getting back to you all
i have updated everything so i can't be sure which fixed the problem but i think it's fixed many thanks to you all
it's good to know that there help out there
again many thanks to you all
ciaran

Ask a Question