graphics card please help

Reaction score
Hi! I recently tried to put in a new grahics card.. I uninstalled and disabled my old one so that the new one would work, but I still cant get it to work... my comp detects new hardware and trys to install it but then it freezes and wont go any further,,, I cant figure it out and it is driveing me CRAZY! some one please help me!

Reaction score
What was the make (and model if possible) of the old one, and the make (and model if possible) of the new one? What operating system are you using?

Have you tried downloading the latest drivers for the new card off the manufacturers website and using those instead of those on the disk, as the disk may be damaged or drivers buggy?

Reaction score
the old card is an on board VIA Tech VT8361/VT8601 and the new one is verto G force fx I finally got the driver to work but I am still haveing a problime downloading the latest version of direct x?? Can you help me with that? PLEASE?
Thank You

Reaction score
Sounds to me like it's either incorrect/corrupt driver or maybe a bit of faulty memory on the card, they do slip through the net. Tried the card in someone elses machine ? Can often help.

Q

Ask a Question