Graphic Design Help Requested

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I know some of you are into graphic design as a pastime/hobby. I was wondering if I could get some assistance for the website I am building.

Here is the link to the website which is self explanatory:

http://www.theblackholeinc.com/

I had named the site two months back but today when I went to have it registered the name was not available. We made a change to:

The Black Hole Audio/Video

I was trying to think about the logo and the whole design to not only be the webpage design but something I could consistantly use across the board, like the business cards, Letter Heads, T-Shirts in future etc etc.

I am looking for the lettering on the image as follows:

The Black Hole Audio/Video

Consultants

The image that I chose to use is in public domain and is not a copyrighted one. I just need some ideas from those who can work on it.

Here is the link to download the original image

Thank you for any input/ideas/suggestions. :bow:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
My first thought when I read the name was that the 'O' of hole could be a speaker. In terms of the font, I think something simple and striking would work well. How about something similar to this?

http://www.blackhouse.uk.com/

I also think it would look good to change the layout of the writing - maybe have 'The Black Hole' on one line and 'Audio / Video Consultants' underneath.

Hope this helps!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
less is more, dump the graphic, it's old-hat & looks tacky. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
My "take" on it, was to imagine the lettering being sucked-into the black hole. (I've watched too much Star Trek!! lol) Anyhoo... another suggestion to add to the others: :)

Blackholecap.jpg

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thank you for the input guys! :bow:

Becky, that is a great example of simplicity and boldness shall I say in the link you provided. :nod:

TC that is a great idea, thank you for taking time out for that. I did not know you were a graphic artist too! ;)

The official name of the business is "The Black Hole Audio/Video" so it would be better if it is in one line in order to have consistency. "Consultants" is the description of what we do and is important in the sense that we do not want folks to take it as we are selling the equipment which we have no intention of doing.

Let's see if others would chime in too with what their ideas are.

Ask a Question