Go offline on slow link feature problem

David Beaven

As per 811525 and 900387 we have loaded the hotfix, set
goofflineonslowlink=1and configure slow link speed=128K. Laptops connecting
to the internet (not using a vpn) from home on broadband (e.g. 512kbps)
connections through a router (i.e. using utp cable) get annoying popups
every 20 minutes or so saying files are not synchronised. When they log on
they accept that synchronisation has failed (no vpn) but my understanding is
that then they should be considered to be offline (i.e offline files go
offline if a slow link is detected). I am assuming that average connection
speed on 512kbps broadband via the internet to our servers will be less than
128kbps (e.g. 30kbps). Any ideas why this is happening?
Is there any way of checking what speed xp thinks is its averaged connection
speed to the server -is this held in registry?

Thanks
David

Jason Tan

Hi David,

I am sorry that I cannot find the popups you indicated so far. Therefore,
before we go any further, to better understand the situation, please
provide me with the screenshot of the popups.

Taking a screen shot
-------------------

1. Press the Pr Scrn key once on the keyboard when the error message
appears.
2. Click Start, go to Run, enter MSPAINT in the open dialog box, and then
Click OK.
3. Use Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot to the canvas.
4. From the File menu, go to Save and save it as a JPG file.
5. Send the JPG file as an attachment to (e-mail address removed)

Thank you for your time!

Best Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support