Get rid of dual boot

Buddha Pest

I found a link to download the pre-rc1 vista from MS site but after
downloading and
installing, vista reports that it is beta 2 build 5384. Been there, done
that. How do I get rid of the dual boot? Just delete win vista from the
drive? Or do I need to change a config file in addition to deleting vista?
Thanks. Oh, I'm using Win Xp-SP2.

Rob Wilkens

Control Panel-> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and
recovery -> See "System Startup"

-Rob

<DIV>&quot;Buddha Pest&quot; &lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote in message

Buddha Pest

Rob, thanks for the info. I put this in the boot.ini file (see below) and I
still get the dual boot option when restarting. Anyone know exactly where
the file is for a dual boot for Vista? Plus I can't delete the Vista files
from my computer. There has to be a way to get rid of Vista. Thanks.

;
;Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.
[boot loader]
timeout=0
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect

Buddha Pest

I was able to delete Vista by formatting the partition that it was on but I
still get the dual boot option when restarting. Still looking for a *.ini
file or something that controls that. Thanks for any help.

Rob Wilkens said:
Control Panel-> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and
recovery -> See "System Startup"

-Rob

<DIV>&quot;Buddha Pest&quot; &lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote in message

Will

Run msconfig and boot tab. Do this in both OS!

--

Take Care,

Will

Rob Wilkens said:
Control Panel-> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and
recovery -> See "System Startup"

-Rob

<DIV>&quot;Buddha Pest&quot; &lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote in message
found a link to
download the pre-rc1 vista from MS site but after
downloading and
installing, vista reports that it is beta 2 build 5384. Been there,
done that. How do I get rid of the dual boot? Just delete win vista
from the drive? Or do I need to change a config file in addition to
deleting vista? Thanks. Oh, I'm using Win Xp-SP2.

Buddha Pest

Will, that doesn't contain any info about the dual boot. Thanks for the
reply. Anyone else have any information about getting rid of the dual boot
screen upon start-up? I've completely deleted the Vista files and
reformatted the partition so this information has to be on the Win XP
Partition.