Gangland

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well suprise suprise this game is to do with the Mafia ;). Its an RPG/Strategy/Sim. The RPG elements are having your stats increasing after fights and in others parts of the game like taking over businesses. You have a number of different stats that increase. Leadership is one, the higher this is, the more people you can have in your crew, then theres Business, the better a businessman you are the more cash you earn and finally combat, which increases your HP, Accuracy and power.

The game is about you taking revenge on your brothers because they killed another one of your brothers. Its set in America, Little Italy in the early 1930's i think.

You start off doing small work for a well known mob boss, like making deliverys and "wacking" snitches. The more you get in the game the more involving it gets, you can have your own "safe house" were you can orders hits, drive bys etc etc. You can also get married and have kids, but that only happens when your a "made" guy. When your kid grows up, he or she will be like you and work for you.

When you get more estiblished in the game you can extort businesses and take 25% from there overall business, or you can be a silent partner and pay up front to own 50% of it.

To get guys to join your crew you have to pay them, there are a few different types of personel to hire, you have your bouncers who will punch, your women who use pepper spray and the more serius gang members like tommy gun weilding wise guys.

Overall i thikn this is a great game, RTS fans should love this and so should the majority of PC gamers. I give this game 8/10

Minimum PC Spec:

Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
Pentium III/Athlon CPU - 600MHz or higher
128MB RAM (Not shared with Video Card)
1GB free Hard Drive space
Nvidia GeForce or ATI Radeon based Graphics Card w/64MB on card
12 x CD-ROM

I'd Recommended:

Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
Pentium 4/Athlon CPU - 1.4GHz or higher
512MB RAM
1GB free Hard Drive space