Gaming System (newbie help please)

Reaction score
hi all, im 14 and finally have a job and am looking in to buying a PC for games like HL2 and the such. Now my freinds told me just to get a dell pentium 4 (i can get one at a good price) and then upgrade from that adding a geforce 4 and im not sure what else.

Im really new in to getting in to all the upgrade stuff and wanted to know, can dells and the such be upgraded in to good PCs????

Thanks alot.

Mud

Reaction score
You can probably get agood gaming pentium 4 from dell for about 800. Or if you are a VERY serious gamer go with alienware. A tad bit expesive but they run good and you feel cool. lol

Reaction score
yes, i would go with alienware, the comps are prolly the best for gaming. they use "top of the range" components.....

and the fact that the alienware comps look awsome!

i would love 1, but $3,000 for an amd-64bit....err..lol

Reaction score
Just bought a Dell machine which should arrive next week which I will be using for gaming. If looking for a good price, get it from DELL factory outlet through their website. I saved £400:

P4 2.8GHz HT 800MHz FSB
512DDR Dual Channel 400MHz
128Mb Nvidia FX5200
80Gb HDD
5.1 Surround Card
XP Pro
DVD, CDRW etc......
No monitor

All for £434 plus VAT!!! Comes with full warranty. What a bargain.

Good Luck

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I check the Dell Outlet quite frequently too - there are some excellent bargains on that site! That is a nice PC you picked up there Matt!

Ask a Question