Games won't load, like this newsgroup

R.D.

Hello, I recently purchased a new athalon computer (2600+
AMD, 512 MB Ram, radeon 9000, etc...) and for some reason
any of the games that I try to play on it always after 5-
10 minutes of gameplay quit on me and I am back at the
desktop. It doesn't make any sense at all since the
system is only 3 days old. Any help would be
appreciated. Oh yeah, this is about the 5910234910 time
I've posted this, it never shows up on this stupid
microsoft newsgroup.................

EGMcCann

appreciated. Oh yeah, this is about the 5910234910 time
I've posted this, it never shows up on this stupid
microsoft newsgroup.................

Newsgroups aren't instant.... Sometimes, you're lucky and the post shows up
right away. Sometimes it takes a while for the post to propegate. Just the
nature of the 'net.

Chris H.

Try using Outlook Express for the newsgroups instead of the web-base
interface, R.D. There is a vast difference. You can connect on the
msnews.microsoft.com news server, which hosts all the Microsoft newsgroups.
No sign-in, no password, and it is available to anyone who has an Internet
connection, regardless of Internet Service Provider.

If you don't know how to set up a news server and subscribe to a newsgroup,
look in the Outlook Express Help. It is fairly simple.

Chris H.

By the way, even though the system is only three days old, that's to you.
You need to take the responsibility to make sure all the drivers (including
BIOS and motherboard) are current. If the manufacturer just tossed Windows
XP on the system and didn't take the time to update everything in advance,
then you're running with the "mini" drivers which were furnished by the
various manufacturers to Microsoft in the summer of 2001 for inclusion in
the off-the-shelf version of XP.

Since you're running an AMD, I'd make sure you check first for a 4-in-1
update from VIA. Determine and track down all the other manufacturers for
your sound, graphics and whatever other hardware accessories are installed,
and get the latest drivers from their web sites.