Gamepad lag...

Reaction score
Hi... i've recently purchased this device http://img.alibaba.com/photo/205152789/PS_PS2_Controller_To_USB_PC_Adapter_Converter_PSX_PS1.jpg

It allows me to use a Ps2 controller on my pc/laptop... It works perfectly fine... I play Grand Prix Legends which is a 1967 F1 racing game using my ps2 controller ( i have two controllers actually )... Here's my problem, every 10 to 15 minutes of racing in the game, the controller acts weird... I will be taking a long right corner with constant acceleration, then that same constant turning and acceleration goes on for about 3 to 5 seconds.... and i cant control it.. it happens with both of my ps2 controllers.... is there a way to fix this problem?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It could be a hardware problem and something specific to the device, so there's not too much we could recommend on here. The only thing I could suggest would be to try the adapter in a different USB port, and to find some updated drivers for it on the net.

Do you know the name and model of the adapter? Also, what is your OS?

Reaction score

im using a very old laptop... Windows Me, 600mhz, 128 mb ram, 4 mb video card, and usb 1.1...
If i have a more fast and powerful system, will the device perform better?

Reaction score
KelveMcQuay said:
im using a very old laptop... Windows Me, 600mhz, 128 mb ram, 4 mb video card, and usb 1.1...
If i have a more fast and powerful system, will the device perform better?

The device probably would perform much better with a higher spec machine...What you are experiencing to me sounds more like your laptop isn't meeting the games required specifications..That can all to often cause the problems you are having...Trying installing the game on a higher spec machine and use the device and see what hapens...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Is this the game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_Legends

Have you applied all the patches?

happywave.gif

Reaction score

I have the 2004 version of the game available at bhmotorsports.com.... It has all the patches available for the original game with graphical updates... I've just downloaded the latest driver for this device and installed it... still has the same problem... I think i need a higher spec pc for this device... thanks guys...

Ask a Question