Gab's computer course

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Ohh Mucks, I do like a dominant man!!!!

I am off to town shortly to enrol on the said course and then 6pm tonight I shall be there with my pen and notebook at the ready. A report will follow........

Can't wait, SO excited!!

Gabs xx

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
gabriella said:
Ohh Mucks, I do like a dominant man!!!!

I am off to town shortly to enrol on the said course and then 6pm tonight I shall be there with my pen and notebook at the ready. A report will follow........

Can't wait, SO excited!!

Gabs xx
Enjoy. :thumb:

oh, better take two pens, and make sure they work. :D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Interim report Sir Mucks....

Enrolled on course (cannot believe it's free!!) runs every week till May x 2 hours (6-8pm). Just making an early tea and then off in my chauffeur driven limo (still not driving) and then a pick up later.

Further report to follow probably tomorrow. I wonder if we get homework??

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Interim report Sir Mucks....

Enrolled on course (cannot believe it's free!!) runs every week till May x 2 hours (6-8pm). Just making an early tea and then off in my chauffeur driven limo (still not driving) and then a pick up later.

Further report to follow probably tomorrow. I wonder if we get homework??

Gabs xx
HOMEWORK!

Naw ... we'll give you homework.

I used to get into a lot of trouble at school ... never did the homework ... I thought if they could not teach me what I needed to know while in class, damed if I was going to do their work in my time. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hi gabriella - Sounds similar to a course I went on around 99 except it was level 2 OCN - that was when I was at RCAT, came out with 6 OCN's and a NOCN, courses covered PC Introduction, PC development, PC Servicing, PC Networking, PC Programming, PC interfacing then an NOCN for general computing for completing all 6 levels.. My courses were on the same day and at the same times too lol If its anything like I was on then expext plenty of homework... :) I still got all my portfolios hiding in the loft somewhere along with a few floppy disk !

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Ssshhhh I am here now - loads of homework plus homework for the last SIX weeks to do ready to hand in after half term!!

Good job I am not at work at the moment!!

Will report fully later on.

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Ssshhhh I am here now - loads of homework plus homework for the last SIX weeks to do ready to hand in after half term!!

Gabs xx
:D :D :D

... you naughty girl ... you had me checking all the clocks. :p

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Well....first class done and dusted. Lots on online learning to access via the college website so that sheall keep me busy. I have 6 assignments to do for after half term. Very similar to NVQ format with assignments marked which build into a portfolio.

Afer half term we are dismantling a PC etc.... I have probably missed the least important parts i.e. history/evolution of the computer, Health and Safety, future developments etc.... which although important can be caught up on quite easily.

The course leads on to some industry recognised IT technician qualification which I might well continue with next year.

Perhaps a change of career is beckoning me??????

Thanks for all the encouragement. I have no doubt there will be things I will need some help with as I go along. Despite them telling me that the course was full, loads of people have dropped out - hence I got in.

Still can't believe it's free for all - wonder how it's funded????

Bye for now!

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
We'll have to give you a new title ...

You passed then ... is that it? all done?

:D

Well done Gabs ... first one over, all plain sailing now. :thumb:

Still can't believe it's free for all - wonder how it's funded????
Government funding. ;)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
No Sir Mucks I fear I have misled you - it's a 30 week course and I have come in on week 6. So I have to catch up on the previous weeks' learning and complete 6 assignments that the other students have done. There's an assignment per week to test your learning and then you come out with OCN (Open College Network) qualification in Build and Maintain Your PC providing your portfolio reaches the required standard. This then leads on to something like an A+ course which I am led to believe is industry recognised. That would be next year.

My title can stay as is for now my friend I think cos I will always love my sunflowers.

Love

Gabs x

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
good on you for signing up :thumb:, 6 weeks work shouldn't be too hard to catch up on ;),

muckshifter

Reaction score
No Gabs ... I was joshing with you. ;)

You got a fair bit of 'catching-up' to do then ... you'll get there, just take time out now-n-then for play. :thumb:

Hark at me ... :D

You do it, and we'll be asking you how to fix our problems. :thumb:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
HOMEWORK!

Naw ... we'll give you homework.

I used to get into a lot of trouble at school ... never did the homework ... I thought if they could not teach me what I needed to know while in class, damed if I was going to do their work in my time. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I recall saying almost the exact same thing to my daughter's teacher & principal when they started sending her home with 2hrs of homework a night! She was 7 years old! But she never did another bit of homework the whole rest of the time she was at school. I took her out a year & a half later & started homeschooling her. She was getting bullied so severely that she was throwing up with fear in the mornings b4 she went. Not on. If the schools can't provide a safe environment for our children then they don't deserve to have them. Luckily this was before my little boy reached school age. He is Dyslexic & in NZ there is no provisions for teaching or assisting dyslexic children at all (My Dr tells me it is different in Brittain) so you can imagine what would've happened to him in a classroom :(! As you can guess though, the computers have proved an invaluable educational tool for him! Tons of games teaching history, logical thinking, ecconomics, mathematical concepts, etc etc that don't require that he can read at all. & he never even notices that he's learning. One thing I'll never knock is computergames! :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
gabriella said:

Gabs xx

Sounds like a heavy workload, but don't worry, you'll cream it hunny :D You've got the most essential ingredient for learning... the genuine desire to do so!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Ian and thanks for asking.

It's good and I am enjoying it: 13 assignments to do in first term - have done 9 of them (I am sure you will have seen some of my recent posts re: homework).

The workload is heavy to be honest and perhaps a good thing I am not back at work yet. Some of the assignments are taxing and very ambiguous in nature.

Started some practical work and fitted some basic bits: power supply, CPU etc......

I wish it were a bit more practical but no doubt that will come after Christmas.

Thanks for your support.

Gabs xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh thats good news that there is going to be lots of practical stuff :D Do you think you'd build your own PC at any point?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Oh thats good news that there is going to be lots of practical stuff :D Do you think you'd build your own PC at any point?
Heck, no problem ... if not in "school" than I'm sure Gabs will build one herself ... so much more fun.

:D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I really hope so Ian!! The practical stuff is light weight compared to the theory and assignments. I am rather hoping that 2006 will be far more practical based - all I know is there are several practical assessments, so it's to be hoped I can do a bit more than fit a CPU, power supply and a motherboard which is about all I can do thus far!!!!

Gabs xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Any luck with the practical side of things Gabs? I guess you've installed a good few things now :)

I'm trying to get my mum to do a similar course (although she doesn't know half as much to start with), as she's really keen on learning a bit more about them.

Ask a Question